Compliance officer contact (migrated from IB to ESA Support Group) — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Compliance officer contact (migrated from IB to ESA Support Group)

Sprint
Sprint Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi  there everyone!
has anyone had a letter from a dwp compliance officer wanting to see financial records when your'e in the ESA Support Group and you were claiming IB before 2008 contribution based and therefore had transitional support on migration to ESA, so your full occupational pension was disregarded (tho it would be taxed through your  reduced tax code it you have occupational pension). 
No-one already on occupation based IB was to be worse off under ESA than they had been under IB when migrated to ESA. This was loudly proclaimed by the Labour Government in 2008 and the DWP and Iain Duncan Smith.
DWP doesn't seem to understand the history of the ESA Contribution based, migrated applicants.
Anyone else had this contact from aDWP compliance officer?

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @Sprint welcome to the community. How are you doing today? Some of our members might have, if so they will reply to soon, there's a previous thread on a member getting a letter. Please keep us updated.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,343 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'd advise you to get expert advice regarding this from an advice centre near you and they will be able to advise you. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
  • Sprint
    Sprint Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    thank you everyone who replied. I find this so shocking. And I investigated the way they can use spy laws and spoke to a law centre and CAB. I think it will all be fine although it makes you feel paranoid. Its  appalling that severely disabled people are being put through this when bankers and billionaires hide their money in off shore accounts....

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.