Spina-bifida and problem getting wind up- anyone experienced a similar thing? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Spina-bifida and problem getting wind up- anyone experienced a similar thing?

Chris8
Chris8 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello my name is Chris and I have a 4 year old daughter with Spina-bifida and hydrocephalus.
She doesn't have control over her bladder/bowel movements and is a wheelchair user.
She has problems with getting her wind up. Sometimes it causes her to throw up - a lot!
My question is this : Is there anybody else in this forum who has experienced similar problems and if so then what did you do to alleviate this nagging problem?
I fear it's only gonna get worse as she grows.

Any help is much appreciated - thanks guys!

Chris.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger

Hello @Chris8 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions. We guide, advise and help new members who join the forum.

There will be members of our community or a member of our team be able to advise.

Please have a look around our website.

Please ask if we can help and advise with anything.  Some one will know from our community or a member of our team.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Chris8 and a warm welcome to the community! I hope you are able to gain advice from the community about this. Have you spoken to a medical professional regarding this? Please do let me know if there is anything I can do to help :)
    Scope

• Kate_Scope
    Kate_Scope Scope Navigate service Posts: 74 Pioneering
    Hi @Chris8 and welcome to the community. 

my daughter is a full time wheelchair user and we sometimes have problems with wind with her. 

we are lucky she can stand holding onto her wheelchair so we stretch her about a bit and she generally feels relief from that- i get her to stretch her arms in the air and move her waist from side to side. 

The other thing is the GP, a lot  of kids who are wheelchair users are on gaviscon and similar products to relieve the pain and provide some relief. 

Kate 

Brightness