ESA and Sick Notes. Keep them coming. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA and Sick Notes. Keep them coming.

Maxinus
Maxinus Community member Posts: 43 Connected
I have already posted this information, but can now also advise that leaflet ESA40 04/17 from jobcentreplus states;  if we can't pay you ESA after your assessment...... We'll also send a letter to your doctor letting them know we don't need any more Statements of Fitness for Work.........
I recently came across the following information which may be of use regarding fit notes. When my husband was denied esa Our doctor is excellent and continued to issue sick notes and we r now going to appeal.  I have also read that not all doctors will issue further notes because they think they have no need to.        If you are appealing, this fact sheet from Benefits And Work sets out the legal position, I hope you may find this helpful https://allequal.xyz/esaGP1

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I must admit i've never known the DWP to send anything to any GP stating that fit notes were no longer needed, if a claimant has been found fit for work.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Maxinus
    Hi Poppy, I really can’t say if they do, but just in case, I hope this may be helpful to a few out there.
  • shell73
    shell73 Community member Posts: 56 Connected
    Yes they do as in Feb they sent my doctor a letter saying they had found me fit for work so no longer need to give me fit notes and it was a new doctor as mine was of and she wouldn't give me one as she said she had to go on what the DWP have told her .
    After a long week of waiting for my doctor I got one of him it's just another way of trying to get you of ESA I think cause he really stressed me out as I had my money stopped since December so was waiting for appeal to be received so my ESA could restart but yes they do .
  • Maxinus
    Hi, this is what I have been reading so I hope this helps others out there.  Thanks for confirming.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.