ESA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA

sapotts15
sapotts15 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
I am in the support group contribution based - I am getting married and am concerned they will make things difficult regarding my claim. I ask this as I feel they use any excuse to cause disruption!!! Any advice would be appreciated! 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You need to make sure all of your ESA is contributions based, if it is then a partner working won't affect it.

If part of it is Income related or even all of it then living with a partner that works will affect your claim.

You need to ring DWP to ask.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sapotts15
    sapotts15 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    It’s all contribution based - I just feel they try and find anything to stop awarding it!! Thankyou ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.