How to replace Quingo Classic batteries? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How to replace Quingo Classic batteries?

Roysmokie
Roysmokie Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited May 2019 in Transport and travel
I have a Quingo Classic mobility scooter that needs new batteries, Quingo want £300 + to replace them, I have found a company (SLK Power) that provide the correct batteries for £111.00 per set. I cannot find how to access the battery compartment on the scooter I have tried searching tthe net and YouTube etc but cannot find any help. Can anyone help with manual or instructions. TIA

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2018
    Hi @Roysmokie

The company you mention have a customer service advisor number who may be able to help you out?

SLK Customer service advisors on: 01424 853491

https://slkmobility.com/
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Roysmokie
    Roysmokie Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thanks @Sam_Scope, I have now sorted this out. When I asked Quingo how to replace them I was told they would do it but wouldn't tell me how to do it.  On a friends advice I asked them how to remove them to STORE them fully charged as per their guidelines. they gave me the answer straightaway. 
  • cmurad
    cmurad Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Roysmokie how do you get the cover off to replace the batteries. 
  • cmurad
    cmurad Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Roysmokie said:
    Thanks @Sam_Scope, I have now sorted this out. When I asked Quingo how to replace them I was told they would do it but wouldn't tell me how to do it.  On a friends advice I asked them how to remove them to STORE them fully charged as per their guidelines. they gave me the answer straightaway. 
    I've looked everywhere too
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    Hi @cmurad, I'm so sorry no one has been able to find the answer to this. 

You may need to do the same as @Roysmokie and give them a call, asking how to remove them to store them 'per their guidelines'. 
    I hope you manage to sort this soon. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness