diagnosed with fnd and nead instead is this still recognised as a disability — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

diagnosed with fnd and nead instead is this still recognised as a disability

Pablohsgshshsh
Pablohsgshshsh Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi just been given an assessment for esa having been on it for 2 years with Epilepsy I have recently been diagnosed with fnd and nead instead is this still recognised as a disability thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,328 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi

ESA isn’t about a diagnosis, it’s how those conditions affect your ability to do any type of work.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Pablohsgshshsh and welcome to the community! That must have been a shock to have a diagnosis for two years and then have it changed, how are you feeling about this? Like Poppy has said, ESA is not based on the diagnosis. FND and NEAD are both real conditions- hope you continue to get the correct support :)
    Scope

• Pablohsgshshsh
    Pablohsgshshsh Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    We recently rang dwp and addressed his tribunal dission not not to reassess for 12 months from date of the letter two days later received a letter stating they had cancelled my appointment and not to attend no other correspondence as of yet does this mean they are leaving the case till the 12 months has lapsed thanks

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,328 Disability Gamechanger
    Best thing to do is ring ESA and ask them and they will be able to tell you what's happening.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.