Spinal injections — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Spinal injections

fatherinpain
fatherinpain Community member Posts: 177 Courageous
will/do they work? If not what next?

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @fatherinpain Unfortunately, we are not medical professionals therefore we cannot advise. Is this to relieve symptoms of a specific condition?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You really can't compare anyone else to yourself. What may work for one person, may not work for another. I tried a spinal injection to manage pain but it didn't work for me.

As Ami has advised, we are not medical professionals and can't give any medical advice. You really should speak to your consultant for further advice.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • fatherinpain
    I’m after a general opinion, which I kinda thought an open forum was for,  I have bad ddd which is limiting movement as well as constant pain, I’m not after any form of diagnosis or treatment plan just people’s opinion as to if they work and if not what potential options people have had after trying them 
  • maggieomx
    maggieomx Community member Posts: 131 Courageous
    Iv been having the facet joint and cordyl injuections in my back for 16 years sometimes they last and sometimes dont.
    Mostly they do last.
  • fatherinpain
    So in hope that they can be good?
  • Zec Richardson
    Zec Richardson Community member Posts: 154 Pioneering
    It is a case of trying if you feel that it might help and that will be the only well to tell.
    I have a friend who has the, he says it is painful and for 2 weeks after it causes issues but then he feels the effects and it is worth it!
  • maggieomx
    Id say you need to have a couple of the injections to get the benefits ? As its not an instant fix 
    I found benefits after 16 years .
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @fatherinpain how are you doing today? 

There's some information from Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital on Spinal Injections.

Please speak to your Doctor for further advice, and some of our members may able to share their experiences with you.
  • fatherinpain
    Hi Antonio I’ve been to pain clinic dr has said because the area is to big I’m not eligible for them 
  • fatherinpain
    Stating I have a lot of nerve ending around lower to mid back, to try Versatis even tho he believes they probably will not help before moving onto other options which don’t include injections to try and fix my ddd
  • bonnielassie
    bonnielassie Community member Posts: 26 Courageous
    why don't you ask guys and st Thomas about their spinal implant programme? I also have degenerative spine and have found the implant and training programme helped a lot.
  • zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    edited May 2019
    myself a long term tablet user, 20 years now, it seems things have moved on quite a lot from what i was offered 20 years ago, so will extra information from online and advice from others, there's more options now for everyone who suffers, so sharing is caring, so yes GP and doctors know best, just ask the right ones, and the advice comes in the end, but it's never easy so again it's a long haul and slow road to progress, so depends on how good your GP and doctor are and where you live, for how quick your seen and sorted, so good luck
  • bonnielassie
    @fatherinpain in pain
    @zakblood
    Hi both of you- how are you feeling today? I noticed somebody else had suggested St Thomas, but @fatherinpain I might be wrong but it sounds as though you went to the ordinary pain clinic. What you want is the input pain management section. They should really help you. They're on 02071887188. It's worth a try, and if I got it wrong I'm sorry. @zakblood. You seem to have given a link to the right department thank you.
  • fatherinpain
    I’m now referred to pain management by the pain clinic dr. these patches do nothing for me in all honesty after taking it off after 12hours I seem to get an intense burst of pain. I will ask about st Thomas when I see pm team thank you for this advice 
  • bonnielassie
    Hi@fatherinpain I hope they at least make a referral for you to go to st Thomas. There is a residential course and then the implant of the spinal modulator. It's ongoing care is easy, and I won't go into that here. You can see a video of a spinal modulator being inserted online, I'll see if I can get you the link. If you have any questions, please ask me, I'm happy to give you more information if you need it. Good luck.
  • maggieomx
    I’m on I’m on patches they can take up to 3 days to start working think you may of taken them off too soon ??
  • maggieomx
    I’m now referred to pain management by the pain clinic dr. these patches do nothing for me in all honesty after taking it off after 12hours I seem to get an intense burst of pain. I will ask about st Thomas when I see pm team thank you for this advice 

• maggieomx
    Type hiya iv been having the injections for 17 years just checked ????
    im on patches been on them years(over10)
    i think you may of taken it off too soon mine starts working around 3days for it to be absorbed into the skin ? Then after 3days I have to re apply a new one .
  • fatherinpain
    Dr was quite specific 12hours then reapply same time next day. With regards to st Thomas would they refer me as I’m not in there area?

Brightness