Form filled in incorrectly — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Form filled in incorrectly

stonker01
stonker01 Community member Posts: 51 Connected
Hi quick question
Can I request a new form if I phone the dwp and explained how my partner wouldn't have filled it in correctly?
My partner has mental health issues and I know it wouldn't of had detail that I could of provided.
She is currently in the support group but I now fear she will lose it because of the way the form was filled in.
They haven't made a decision as yet or arranged a face to face assessment 
My partner is also waiting for an assessment for autism during all this that they are unaware of.
My partner is adamant she fills the form in and to save any distress I leave her to it as I have in the past but I have a bad feeling about this one.
Or should I just leave it and see what's what.
Would they make a decision just based on the form without a face to face assessment because if they do it will be stopped 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello if the form has been posted back then the answer. Will be a no, you knowing your partners abilities should have helped or checked the form before sending. If the form has not been sent then request a replacement the reason why one is required won't have to be what you posted. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm afraid they won't send another form out to your partner. Future appointments aren't classed as evidence either, unfortunately so it doesn't matter that the Autism assessment wasn't mentioned.

It's worth remembering that ESA isn't about a diagnosis, it's how your conditions affect your ability to do any type of work.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • stonker01
    Thank you for the reply.
    It isn't as simple as it sounds obviously I want to fill the form and add imput etc but my partner has issues mentally and can get highly distressed for very long periods which isn't easy to deal with.
    So when the form is received and she is absolutely adamant she has to fill it in no matter how I explain it to her that I can do it or get support to help fill it in its highly stressful. 
    I manage a lot of things money etc as my partner can't and she can't express herself as she can't see it she doesn't see that she is different so she won't of expressed herself.
    On this basis surely I can try to explain this to the dwp as I think the form shouldn't be accepted she can't even spell tbh and her writing is almost unrecognizable.
    I just don't want them to make a decision purely off that form
  • stonker01
    Hi poppy I know and this is what I'm worried about. She doesn't know how to express herself this is a problem and once something is in her head it's hard to gain control 
    I can't get it to register with her that I or someone else could fill the form out even though I show her in black and white it's allowed. It's so difficult.
    My partner has anxiety depression PTSD & BDD 
    Hasn't ever left the house without me which has got worse to the point she rarely now leaves the house at all.
    Getting her to seek help isn't easy either but based on what I've told her GP he referred the information I provided to mental health who straight away spotted a possibility she has autism 
    What do I do just see what happens in just worried they will make a decision just based on the form.
    Also they are taking along time as the form was sent mid February and I phoned about 4 weeks ago to be told no decision has been made yet 
  • poppy123456
    Most people have face to face assessments, it's rare to have a paper based assessment.

You can't be found fit for work without an assessment, unless you fail to attend, so don't worry about a decision being made purely on the form alone. If they don't have enough of information/evidence then they will send an appointment for the assessment.

There's no timescales for how long it takes for the assessment, it depends on backlog in your area.

Is she already in a group or still on assessment rate?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    It's very confusing when there's 2 threads with similar questions. Please try to keep to the same thread.

Despite everything, i'm afraid they won't send another form.

If an assessment is needed and you're her appointee then during the assessment you'll be able to answer the questions on her behalf. If you're not then she will need to answer them but if you explain then you maybe able to prompt her.

• stonker01
    Hi poppy I know it posted 3 times I didn't realise it posted I thought there was an error so retried 

Is it normal for them to take so long making a decision 
  • poppy123456
    Yes, it's perfectly normal. As advised, she'll most likely have to attend the face to face assessment before a decision is made.
  • stonker01
    Hi poppy 
    She is already in a group she fills in the form the same as any other ones but she has lost her pip and this is why I'm now worried about her esa 
    I didn't go in with her on her pip assessment as I was told I couldn't by the assessor which i didn't argue I thought it was very clear to see her mental state as she was extremely anxious and distressed 
    But she's failed it 
    I'm going to make sure I'm there with her on her esa one and see what gets said as she can't explain afterwards her mind goes blank about what she was asked due to how anxious she is she can only focus on wanting to get home she doesn't even recall what she says back 
    I just feel stuck in the middle with turning left or right both being wrong 
  • stonker01
    Thank you poppy can I ask how do i go about becoming her appointee?
  • poppy123456
    It's very frustrating yes. You were told incorrectly about not being able to go in with her for the PIP assessment, you should have been allowed.

Did she send evidence to support her ESA claim? They very rarely contact anyone for this.

Did you ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration for her PIP claim?
  • poppy123456
    To become her appointee then she must be mentally incapable of looking after her owns affairs. She will also have to agree for you to do this and you'll have a DWP representative visit your home to speak to both of you. You then sign the forms but this can take several weeks. Details in the link.

• stonker01
    Well that's out of the window then as she has issues with people coming to the house strangers are a no go 

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    It might be worth submitting extra evidence in the form of a testamonial from yourself, giving the details as you know them to be. The DWP might not accept it or take it into consideration
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • poppy123456
    There is absolutely no reason at all why you can’t ask for another copy of a PIP2
    It's not the PIP2 form that's an issue here, it's the work capability assessment form.
  • stonker01
    I'm just going to wait for an assessment date for her 
    I have though made a complaint to the dwp about the pip being stopped because i feel it should of been highered not completely stopped.
    My partner has never left the house with out me and that's rare. She has never been out of area to unfamiliar ones due to it becoming distressing etc
    I've read about a court ruling where all pip is being looked at from late November 2016 to see if anyone should be on more than they have been previously awarded.
    I feel now that instead there trying to stop people's entitlements to save them having to increase pip and back date it 
    My partner was put on standard rate living and nothing on mobility.
    I feel my partner actually should be on more and falls into the category the high court made a ruling on.
    I've also read a lot of people with mental health issues all of a sudden since this court ruling going from having a pip award to zero ???

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.