Hi, my name is sammy18! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is sammy18!

sammy18
sammy18 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I am 32 and with six month my mobility has gone completely down hill. I am in very dark place and it my kids and my job that keeps me going just want to know i am too young for premature aging or this is completely normal. I have dyskinetic ataxia cerebral palsy and walked all my life but now found it very hard to walk x

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sammy18 welcome to the community! Sorry to hear this, I have sensory Ataxia and my mobility deteriorated rapidly throughout 2017. Intensive physiotherapy and occupational therapy has helped massively. Has your GP/consultant suggested anything?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • sammy18
    sammy18 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hey my gp be awful and had to argue to see a physio. I left in tears and with him saying you know what you have nothing they can do plus pills like tramadol naproxen and citalopram. Once I got to the physio i argue to see someone who has experience with cp so waiting half hour and saw top one. Anyway frist time months feel like i seen someone who know what they talking about and he rather to the neurologist and pain clinic but everything is waiting but last month i cant walk without and now using a crutch x
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sammy18

Welcome it’s great to meet you this evening.

I am one of the “Community Champion’s”

I do hope that some of our members can offer you some help.

@steve51
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    Hi @sammy18, welcome to the community. I'm really sorry to read how much you're struggling, but I'm glad you found us! Is there anything we can do to provide support to you here? :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Edster77
    Edster77 Community member Posts: 162 Courageous
    Hi  @sammy18  Welcome to the community

Brightness