It takes guts — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

It takes guts

Adrian_Scope
Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
Our very own @Sam_Scope is taking part in the fantastic #ItTakesGuts campaign for Crohn's & Colitis UK and urging those living with Crohn's and Colitis to break the silence and talk about what can be an invisible but very painful struggle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4srmK_WDU
Telling people about your condition might help change your life, but if you're having trouble finding the words, Crohn's & Colitis UK will do their best to help you speak up and break down the stigma through the #ItTakesGuts movement. Are you living with Crohn's & Colitis? Do you find it difficult to talk about your condition? We'd love to hear from you.
Community Manager
Scope

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Brilliant campaign, well done @Sam_Scope :)

You never know what people are going through. I am hoping this gives people some inspiration to talk about their condition. :)
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    I agree.
    I was diagnosed with a SpLD a few years ago when I was a full time college student. It is nothing to feel ashamed of. My SpLD only affects my ability to work with numbers and money independently. When I was diagnosed I wrote about my feelings in a letter which I keep on my bookshelf. I always read it on my bad days as soon as I get up in the morning it helps lift my spirits.
    Try writing about your emotions or talk about your feelings with someone you trust. You could always try keeping a diary. It definitely helps to talk about disability honestly too. Raising awareness is so important for society. 
  • Kell430
    Kell430 Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
    I have coeliac disease as well as my CP I have days when all I want to do is sleep xxx
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    One of my wonderful carers suffers with bowel problems. She was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis some years ago, only to have a change of consultants and was told she `only` has IBS.
    She is having a 2nd opinion soon.
    It is a very debilitating condition.
    love to all xx

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.