new doctor wont gove me letter - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

new doctor wont gove me letter

Comments

• fiesta56
    fiesta56 Community member Posts: 41 Listener
    Hi sorry just got this had phone call of receptionist from doctors to tell me the doctor would not right a letter could only right he’s illness etc I said I need letter sayin about him not leavening house etc due he’s mental health anyways she said she would have word with doctor he is gunna right a letter just waitin for it to Ben done appotment tomorrow tea time guna have phone in morning
  • fiesta56
    I’m not very happy with doctors my partners has not seen a doctor in he’s surgery since 2012 when he got put on depression tablets it was home visit they have never reviewed he’s depression always just got tablets then had heart attack 2015 manage get him there for bloods then doctor written letter even though he had never met my partner so didn’t have go medical for pip in 2015 he got granted pip without assesment but then ask for a letter no doctor hasn’t seen him so what was different from 2015 because he hadn’t seen doctor in years
  • fiesta56
  • fiesta56
    Hi thanks for your help poppy so when I phone I’ll tell them he can’t go due mental health and I’m still waiting on doctor letter i think refers it bk to dwp will they stop money straight away or have so long send doctor letter in
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    You need to tell them he never leaves the house and tell them when the last time he did leave the house. Also tell them that you're waiting for a letter from his GP to confirm this. They may send his file back to DWP for failing to attend, if this happens then he could be found fit for work. You really don't want this to happen.

When the work capability assessment was returned did you send evidence to support his claim?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • fiesta56
    I’m my partners carerer I written letter of me exsplain how he threatend end life etc on regular. ASU’s how doesn’t go out I’m thinking written another letter of myself to go doctor letter don’t they send letter out asking why didn’t attend
  • fiesta56
    My partner had a heart atack when was 30 took him 24 hours to go he’s was in agony he’s very kooky to b here
  • fiesta56
    Only letters have is what they had befor
  • fiesta56
    Do I think after phon up tomorrow and exspalin he wnt come ext and waiting on doctor letter that they cancel claim 
  • poppy123456
    The health assessment providers won't do that. They will send your file back to DWP. I'd also advise you to ring DWP as well.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • fiesta56
    Do u have phone number of atos
  • poppy123456
    Are you sure it's ATOS? they no longer do work capability assessments, it's now health assessment advisory service. Do you have the appointment letter? The number should be on the top of that. What time is his appointment?
    Their contact number is 0800 288 8777.

• fiesta56
    Thank you I have rang doctor stil not letter she gunna try get letter done today atos are sending it’s back to dwp and then they right to my partner to ask why he didn’t attend etc money won’t be stopped have see if it was good enough reason not to attend 
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. As the file is now being returned to DWP they will write to him to ask why he didn't attend the assessment. If they don't accept his reasons they he'll be found fit for work for failing to attend. You will then need to request the Mandatory Reconsideration on that decision. If this happens i urge you to get some face to face advice because your money will stop and if the MR decision doesn't change you won't be able to go back onto ESA while waiting for the Tribunal.

I would also ring ESA and explain to them that your husband was unable to attend the WCA today and that you've been waiting for a letter from his GP saying he's unable to attend and needs a home assessment. Good luck.
  • fiesta56
    Thanks for all your help he won’t have a home vistit this is my last resort
  • poppy123456
    No problem. Are you requesting a paper based assessment? Most people have face to face assessments. Paper based only happens if there's enough of evidence.
  • fiesta56
  • fiesta56
    Hi wondering if any knows I sent form back asking why did not attend esa medical nearly three weeks ago got paid last week and due to b paid next Wednesday stil ain’t heard outx
  • poppy123456
    fiesta56 said:
    Hi wondering if any knows I sent form back asking why did not attend esa medical nearly three weeks ago got paid last week and due to b paid next Wednesday stil ain’t heard outx
    You will need to ring DWP to ask what's going on because unfortunately, no one here will be able to answer that question.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Give them a quick ring @fiesta56, they should be able to advise. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.