DLA to pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DLA to pip

Options
anxious
anxious Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I'm in a bad way with my anxiety today and feeling very low and down I filled the pip form sent it off and now received texts off atos about appointment,after receiving this I haven't been able to sleep at all I can't eat I'm terrified of going even with someone I suffer from agraphobia and anxiety have done for most my adult life.its causing me such distress worrying about going to this appointment I'm wondering if I should just cancel my claim and go without the money it will be hard on my finances I'm on ESA support group.i have numerous health complaints apart from agraphobia heart palpations Raynaud's disease ibs sight in one eye arthritis both knees  I'm worried and with all this worry it's too much to bear.if I cancel the appointment I've already cancelled one will they just cancel my claim will I have any right to appealth for listening

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @anxious welcome to the community! Sorry to hear that you are feeling low. Have you spoken to your GP about writing a letter for requesting a home assessment instead of attending one elsewhere?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @anxious and welcome

You really need to get trained advice from an agency near you

If you cancel your appointment your file will be returned to the DWP. As Ami said have you spoken to your GP ?
    You need your GP to be very specific about why you cannot attend, a request will not do. Even then if you attend other appointments they can still refuse.
    The only appeal you could make is to the tribunal but you will have to show good reason for not attending. If they accept then you will still need to have an assessment.

Do you receive SDP with your ESA ?

What is the worst thing that can happen if you do attend ? your claim could be denied but at least you will have tried. Although PIP is about functionality rather than illness or disability, from what you say about your health conditions  you owe it to your self to at least try. There are many very nice assessors that will treat you fairly and with compassion, not just the horror stories that you will have read on forums like this
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,940 Scope online community team
    Options
    Welcome to the community @anxious. I just want to echo the advice you've already been given. If you've already cancelled one appointment, it's really important you attend the next.
    I completely understand that the prospect of this assessment is causing you a huge amount of anxiety, but that's also exactly why you should speak to your GP about your concerns and seek some trained advice more local to you.

Do you have anyone who can attend the assessment with you?
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness