Received letter from pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Received letter from pip

Options
lou72
lou72 Community member Posts: 17 Connected

1st time posting, so go easy on me? , So here's my story so far:
I 1st applied for pip Sept 2018. Got 0 points for everything. Done MR and still the same result. So March 2019 I appealed to tribunal.
I have Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Trigeminal Neuralgia, depression/anxiety, underactive thyroid plus various other conditions. I take a cocktail of meds to control these illnesses and I'm in constant daily pain and so exhausted. I rarely leave the house, only to go to medical appointments.

My question is  this:
I received a letter from pip saying they have all the information they need to c if they can award pip, thing is I'm awaiting  a  tribunal date so don't understand why they sent me a letter?
How long is the wait for tribunal?
(I'm in n.ireland)
Many Thanx

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Best thing you can do is to ring DWP to ask what the letter is about and they should be able to tell you more. Sometimes people are offered awards before the hearing takes place but this is rare.

I have no idea what the waiting times for Tribunal are in N. Ireland but here in the UK they are extremely long. You can ring HMCTS to ask what the waiting times are for your area and they'll tell you approximately.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tara2019
    tara2019 Community member Posts: 234 Pioneering
    Options
    This happened to me was refused pip refused pip at MR so appealed to tribunal the day I received MR letter dwp then phoned me and said they would up my score to standard but no mobility if I dropped tribunal I refused there offer cause my mobility is very limited dwp have now failed to respond to tribunal  by 23rd may so it can happen 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.