My home is to be repossessed imminently due to their error — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My home is to be repossessed imminently due to their error

johnb
johnb Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Has anyone successfully claimed from the DWP by way of Financial redress for maladministration ? My home is to be repossessed imminently due to their error. Any help would be much appreciated. Regards. John. 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @johnb and welcome

You should seek trained advice from an agency near you as a matter of urgency
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Johnb

Welcome, I’m very very sorry to hear about your current situation.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

We have got some “Benefit Advisors” to hand.

I will forward your post for there take on “proceedings”

Hi @BenefitsTrainingCo

Can you please help me with this post “as soon as you can?”

They are in the process of having there house “repossessed” due to problems with “DWP “

Many thanks 

@steve51
  • johnb
    Thank you, hopefully something will get sorted. Regards. John. 
  • stonker01
    stonker01 Community member Posts: 51 Connected
    Find your local MP office get to it and speak to them they should know who is the best in your area to speak to 

• twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    johnb said:
    Has anyone successfully claimed from the DWP by way of Financial redress for maladministration ? My home is to be repossessed imminently due to their error. Any help would be much appreciated. Regards. John. 

I wouldn't be looking for that at the moment. The most important thing to do is to stop the proposed action. Go see a solicitor or similar or even approach the court for legal advice.

You would have to prove that the actions taken by the DWP were the only reasons that you could lose your home. In other words up until the DWP problem you were not in arrears with the mortgage or rent.
  • johnb
    Thank you, I am currently waiting on CAB getting back to me, with regards to the DWP error, they have admitted liability in writing. I’ll update soon as I’ve got any progress. Regards. John. 
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @johnb thank you for updating us. I hope it goes well and we look forward to hearing from you.
  • johnb
    Hi all, bit of an update, appointment Monday with CAB & spoken with Redcar MP’’s secretary Charlie, who knows Heidi, the lady I’m popping to see, I’ve agreed to sign any disclaimer that would be required to share information between relevant bodies. I do have a letter from the Complaints Manager at DWP admitting full liability for their error. Any suggestions to help would be much appreciated. More than happy to show letters but don’t know how to. Regards. John. 
  • johnb
    Oh, and just received pip assessment award letter following face to face appointment only two weeks ago, the results are wrong, anyone else in the same boat ? Regards. John. 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi John

It is not uncommon for a claimant not to receive the award they think they deserve. Have you asked for / got a copy of the assessment report ?
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • johnb
    Yeah, I’ve got a copy of the report & to be fair, in the majority it’s correct, couple of things that are totally fabricated or misheard. I’m of the opinion that I have nothing to lose by requesting a mandatory reconsideration. That said I’m mindful the award I’ve been given is a great help to me. More so with the threat or repossession looming. Regards. John. 
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    My first piece of advice is to ask for a mandatory reconsideration. Also seek advice on home repossession. 

Brightness