Working for nothing — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Working for nothing

cokeen43
cokeen43 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
edited October 2021 in Benefits and financial support
Why is my carer looking after me for at least 60 hours per week and gets £65 per week and has his u c deducted by the exact amount, he is not covering petrol or wear and tear on his car, i have to pay all that out my u.c how is that allowed to happen

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cokeen43 I have found this discussion which may answer your question. Let us know if you need any further help :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2019
    cokeen43 said:
    Why is my carer looking after me for at least 60 hours per week and gets £65 per week and has his u c deducted by the exact amount, he is not covering petrol or wear and tear on his car, i have to pay all that out my u.c how is that allowed to happen
    Hi,

Is your carer receiving the carers element of UC in with their monthly payment?  Ask them to check their online account, this element is £160.20 per month. Unfortunately, when claiming Carers Allowance it is always deducted £1 for £1 when claiming UC, JSA, ESA or Income Support.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cokeen43
    Dont think he is 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    He will need to check his UC account to see what's added. If it's not added then he needs to either put a note on asking for it to be added or ring them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cokeen43
    Thankyou for advice

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.