Pip - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

2»

Comments

• cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    twonker said

I've had a DLA award closed down because I was in hospital for many months and as such was unable fill out the renewal claim within the timeframe allowed.
    I've had another disability benefit closed down by the DWP for the above same reason and it took 7 years to argue that it should not have been closed which the DWP agreed was the case but they refused to pay the missing 7 years of money as I didn't actually appeal at the time I just complained.
    I've been prosecuted by the police/CPS for working and claiming unemployment benefit. Spent 1 month in prison, the rest suspended. On release argued at a Tribunal that I had done nothing wrong and did not owe the DWP any money The Tribunal agreed and when asked why I pleaded guilty at Crown Court I told them that the barrister/solicitor advised me to.
    The list goes on and on. 

@twonker - I've said before that I am sorry for what's happened to you, and I truly am.

I'm not medically trained but I don't think continually posting about it on here (and creating another username to continue to do so) is a good way to deal with it. The constant repetition of the negative stories isn't helping anyone and, most importantly, it's not helping you. Could you seek help to find a better way of dealing with your problems? 

• twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    ilovecats said:
    And I can bet your bottom dollar that assessors have no targets to work to at all and the majority aim to award on the merit of what they see in front of them.
    I never said anything about targets - where did that come from?
    On merit? Why the lies in the reports then?
    You do the talk but did you actually do the walk when assessing? 
    Of course they intend to re-assess every one of the 270,000 pensioners. The DWP are not going to just convert all 270,000 awards to a 10 year one with only a light touch at the 10 year point without one final opportunity of upping the anti to try to clear as many awards as they can.
    It is crazy to think that they would actually offer this length of award to everyone irrespective of their conditions or points already awarded. As I say it will be a witch hunt to clear the decks certainly of the mobility element. 
    My next assessment next year is going to be fun and games as to finding out who controls the assessment, the claimant or the assessor.   

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.