Can they close my ESA account ? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can they close my ESA account ?

Comments

• maggieomx
    maggieomx Community member Posts: 131 Courageous
    oh no he told me to my face I had a weeks extension too the 14th of June ?? I need to get citizen advice guy to sign the form he forgot then il send it next day delivery ...
    what a liar !!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry but i don't understand why you need to person from CAB to sign the form? It's your ESA form so you should sign it. I've had help from CAB in the past but they have never singed any form on my behalf.

Do you claim for mental health or not?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • maggieomx
    Surely he needs to sign it as he filled it in that’s what it says at end of the form ? 
    “If someone signed the form on behalf of you they need to sign it ?
  • maggieomx
    Sorry I mean if they filled in the form for someone else they need to sign it ?
  • poppy123456
    No, it's your form and the claim is yours, you need to sign it. All the years i had help with my forms not once has anyone else signed it, only me.

I filled out my daughters PIP form and signed it because i'm her appointee. The person that filled your form in isn't your appointee.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • maggieomx
    Thanks ppoppy saves me a trip ?
  • maggieomx
    Hiya poppy I sent my ESA work capabilities form back yesterday but as you may no my doctor hasn’t got my medical records from England yet so the evidence I sent was a couple of years old apart from a couple of reports it was all tat !
    today typically I got a report from the hospital from a visit 2weeks ago.
    i think this report would help my case.could I send it to them for them to look at ?
  • poppy123456
    There's no harm in sending extra evidence but make sure it's a copy only and you put your name and NI number on the top. If you attend a face to face assessment also take a copy with you, just in case they didn't receive the first one.
  • maggieomx
    Do i need to send this evidence registered post ?
  • poppy123456
    If you mean recorded delivery? then no, its pointless using that because it still have to go through the mail sorting process. If you kept a copy of the address you sent the ESA50 form to then send it to the same address.
  • maggieomx
    I I sent it next day signed for .
  • maggieomx
    Iv recieved another piece of medical evidence after my ESA50 has been sent off.
    Can i go job centre to have this piece of evidence added to my examination ??
  • poppy123456
    You need to check where your form was returned back to. Some work capability assessment forms are sent straight to the health assessment advisory service (assessment providers) rather than to DWP. My last 2 forms weren't sent to DWP.

If it is then sending late evidence may not be used to support your claim because DWP may not forward it onto the health assessment advisory. You could ring them to ask if they've received you form, if they have ask if you can send further evidence to them and could you have the address to send it to because all areas are different.

• maggieomx
    Hi as you know my form has gone in for work capability assesment im waiting for a reply back to see if its a f2f exam ? 
    Iv just got a letter from jobcentreplus saying theyv looked at my claim again?
    Would this have anything to do with the work capability assessment  result ?? Meaning no f2f ?
    Or am i dreaming that i might not need a f2f ??
  • poppy123456
    I have no idea. My advice is to ring DWP and ask if a decision's been made. The decision letter will come from DWP not your local job centre.
  • maggieomx
    So its probably not a decision from the capability worksection ?
  • poppy123456
    I have no idea, i'm afraid. Please ring DWP to ask if a decisions been made, they are open until 6pm.  ESA decision letters are very oddly worded.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Did you manage to get in touch with the DWP @maggieomx and find out whether it was a decision?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • maggieomx
    Not as yet couldnt get through !!
    Im at drs today will ring later as im swopping internet n fone today so will continue to try later .
  • poppy123456
    It can often take as long as 1 hour to get through. Good thing it's a free phone number now.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.