Dating Services for the Visually Impaired — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dating Services for the Visually Impaired

csno01
csno01 Community member Posts: 387 Pioneering
Hi There,

I am a visually impaired person and also have CP. I was wondering if there were any dating websites out there specifically for the visually impaired. I am getting to the point in my life now where I would really like to meet someone, but lack the ability to do this due to my lack in confidence and shyness.etc which is something I really do not like...grr. 
Replies welcome
Thanks
Csno1  

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @csno01
    Im sorry we havent had any response to your query, I have asked on twitter if anyone has any suggestions.

Have you thought about using dating services that arent specifically for visually impaired people? You could also look at Meet Up to see what local groups are in your area and maybe you could meet people through those?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • csno01
    csno01 Community member Posts: 387 Pioneering
    Hi Guys, 
    i know it has been quite a long time since I posted with regards to this thread, but since then I have looked at both the visually impaired singles site but unfortunately, it did not provide me with much success. i also tried Meetup and found a group in my area and will say I have met some nice people. I kept in touch with them on social media and asked a couple of ladies if they would like to meet up no pressure, but unfortunately, nothing materialised. I didn't even get a reply sometimes. Which I found very frustrating. 
    In addition to my disability I also lack confidence and have anxiety as well. Which does not help. My disabilities are hidden which has both advantages and disadvantages.  I was wondering if anyone was in the same boat and had any experiences or tips they could share or give? I have hit a bit of a low point with this subject and don't know what else to try.
    Thanks,
    Csno1

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @csno01, thank you for coming back and updating us on your situation. I'm sorry you weren't able to find anyone. I'm glad you managed to find some nice people on meetup though :)
    I hope people have advice for you soon!
    Scope

Brightness