ESA appeal overturned 3 months ago - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA appeal overturned 3 months ago

2»

Comments

• jw0957
    jw0957 Community member Posts: 48 Connected
    Hi all
    l was FFW back sept 2018. Had a break down and didn’t send forms back to appeal until Dec 2018. Been waiting since then for tribunal date, have all paper work and just received UC assessment result as LCW&WRA. I’m still waiting for tribunal date and understand that they are inundated with many cases. A long wait ahead and no chance of back dated money until tribunal. ? I’ve reached that light at the end of the dark tunnel l have lived in since Sept 2018 and with that relief, l hope, comes a less stressful and depressing future. I’m concerned about the length of time for tribunals and the still unpaid bills from Sept 2018 but the depression and constant worry, gets easier. 
  • Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Thank you poppy been can got appt for tribunal agent thank you 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @jw0957, I'm sorry to read you're still waiting for your tribunal for ESA, it's not uncommon to wait up to a year unfortunately. I'm glad you've since been placed in the LCWRA group of UC (the ESA Support Group equivalent) so at least you're being properly awarded now. 
    Hopefully you won't have too long to wait and they'll back pay you any owed monies quickly. 

Community Manager
    Scope
  • jw0957
    Adrian,
    l hope so ? l have found great support in this group and l will continue to log in from time to time. Thank you
  • jw0957
    Update: Back pay to 26th Dec 2018 but my ESA stopped 26th Sept 2018. Unsure if l have to win my tribunal before lm back paid to 26th Sept 2018. Though lm very grateful for the back pay l recieved lm still owed 2 and a half months benefit, thats over a £1000.00 What happens now?? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2019
    jw0957 said:
    Update: Back pay to 26th Dec 2018 but my ESA stopped 26th Sept 2018. Unsure if l have to win my tribunal before lm back paid to 26th Sept 2018. Though lm very grateful for the back pay l recieved lm still owed 2 and a half months benefit, thats over a £1000.00 What happens now?? 
    You should be receiving assessment rate of ESA while waiting for your Tribunal, which is £73.10 per week. To receive this amount backdated to September 2018 you will need to provide a back dated sick not as well, dated from the date your ESA originally stopped.

What makes you think you're owed over £1,000?

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jw0957
    I have given sick notes since that date Poppy and as my disability premium stopped then, l calculated how much
     money l lost since being found fit for work. UC backdated to 26the Dec after uc decided to accept accept that l had a Lcw and wra on 9th May. My tribunal will hopefully over turn the decision of ffw.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.