Dwp decision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dwp decision

mikey59
mikey59 Community member Posts: 22 Connected
How long does it take for the dwp to send you a decision after attending an assessment.i had mine 17 days ago and have heard nothing has of yet

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello, it can take between 6 to 8 weeks before you receive the notification letter plus the work load back log for your area can and does have an effect on the time scales. 
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @mikey59

You could contact the PIP helpline on Monday, to request a copy of the assessment report.

Once you have copy to hand, you will be able to see what has been recommended by the HCP.

Let us know how you get on.
  • mikey59
    atlas46 said:
    Hi @mikey59

You could contact the PIP helpline on Monday, to request a copy of the assessment report.

Once you have copy to hand, you will be able to see what has been recommended by the HCP.

Let us know how you get on.
    It wasn’t a pip assessment
  • zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    my ESA WCA decision took 27 days to arrive, once i knew i'd failed it with a 0 score, i sent off for the report, another 2 week waiting for it to arrive, then as i sent off the MR (mandatory recon letter a few days after) i phoned a month after than, and heard nothing, then another 2 weeks later only to be told they'ed signed for it, then lost it, and can i send another? yes i couldn't make it up, so they made me an appointment on the phone there and then at my local job center for next Monday 10th of June where i can take it in and have them photo copy it and sent internally so it's replied and dealt with in 10 more days time, or so they say max, mind you we can't email them, as they don't have the ability to receive them, good luck
  • mikey59
    It was an esa assessment I had..I don’t hold out much hope and will no doubt have to go to my third tribunal 
  • zakblood
    i've only had one previous one, so feel for you, but on track to do another one myself now, it's odd how many seems to be going down the same route as us, even with as many as us with previous assessment, as this is like i've said, my 5th, i still find it odd, than the home assessment i first had back in 1999 was great, they looked at my evidence, assessed me there and then, near enough told me apart from the report writing, i'm good to go and it's all dusted, with a degenerative spinal disorder, which was first diagnosed in 1999 and was mentioned then i would get worse with age, which i have over the now many years, i find it funny that in color and black and white with MRI and XRay scans, they can see as clearly as there noses on there faces i'm not a fake, only to be told by a nurse who couldn't tell a wart from a broken arm in my book, with next to no understanding on disability what so ever and plain to see on her report, full of well laughable easy to see and spot mistakes, it will again last all of 10 mins at Tribunal as is again a complete waste of time and money, so apart from the stress and loss of money, will be back to normal again next year sometime, with the doctors and consultants i still see as still under the hospital finding it a right joke how one says one thing, and a nurse who's way below there pay grade can tell them there wrong, so i'm also taking out now a private case against her with the (NMC) nurses and midwives council, who have been nothing but helpful and shocked on the poor ability and lack of note taking and lack of factual data on what is meant to be a factual report, as i've given it to them, with a copy of the report and statements plus my forms sent in and evidence submitted, so they have the same as the nurse on the day and have already drawn different conclusions, but now await there written report to hand back to the assessment center than go all out against the DWP, who couldn't give a toss either way
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    mikey59 said:
    It was an esa assessment I had..I don’t hold out much hope and will no doubt have to go to my third tribunal 
    You can still ring DWP to request a copy of that report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • zakblood
    reports are great bed time reading, if you need a laugh and have had a poor day that is, still make me laugh now thinking about it, let alone reading it, and i love fiction as much as the next person, but mines a novel on epic scale, not sure i'm the main person in it at times, but apart from that, it's really good, most i've sent it to so far have found it quite entertaining, with the errors and miss quotes, spelling and writing error's simple ones like making out i'm a woman and reply to me as a she in some parts than a he in others, wrong tablets and doses mentioned and all that goes with it, so yes fiction at it's best, so yes everyone needs there reports, it good to know someone is watching you walk to an interview, all 5 meters from the reception, asking question on how your flew from the car park eg how did you get there, do you enjoy cooking as a loaded question implying if you do you can and so do it day after day and maybe would be suitable to work washing pots in one, lol so funny, then again it's our lives they find funny and us in the end, so who laughing now?
  • mikey59
    mikey59 said:
    You can still ring DWP to request a copy of that report.
    Thanks poppy but I would rather wait to receive the decision letter.im still not quite sure why the doctor on the assessment did not do a medical on me which they have done in the past,ie ask me to stand and remove my top etc etc etc.i was only asked a few questions and off I went
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 172 Pioneering
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.