Identity cards — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Identity cards

amandat29
amandat29 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi does anyone one know of a proof of age card for a 25 year old. My daughter needs I.D but we can’t find any way of getting one that doesn’t involve using a driving licence or passport to apply for one. If she had a driving license she wouldn’t need I.D

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 
    Pass card or citizen card are valid proof of age cards. Google and ìt comes up with how to apply. Also birth certificate 
  • amandat29
    Hmm citizen needs for her to still be in education. Pass I believe she needed information which she does not have, to prove her age. I would not advise her to carry her birth certificate with her, not sure that would be safe. But thanks anyway, I will carry on looking
  • Adrian74
    Adrian74 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    You can now get a disability card again you’ll need to google this as i was able to get one for my son a few years ago, there is a charge for it!
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    You can order them online. Google is a good source of information on how to apply. But there’s a fee attached. 
  • amandat29
    Disability card I looked at but doesn’t prove age.
    will look into PASS. My daughter doesn’t live with me, so it takes a bit of co-ordinating.
    thanks for your help everyone
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Please don't carry your birth certificate it will get very messy.
    You could carry a photocopy of it 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    janer1967 said:
    Hi 
    Pass card or citizen card are valid proof of age cards. Google and ìt comes up with how to apply. Also birth certificate 
    A birth certificate is not proof age for ID purposes. It has to be photo ID.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @amandat29, what would be the proof of age be for? It is possible to apply for a provisional (unless you don't meet the requirements regarding vision or seizures) and use this as photo ID. There are various cards online yet it depends what purpose you'd like it for as they won't necessarily be accepted. 
    Scope

• amandat29
    Hi, proof of ID needed for when she goes out with her friends, she is 26 but looks about 12, her physical and learning disability doesn’t help. She has no vision to her left side and seizures so can’t get provisional

Brightness