Interview about invisible illness — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Interview about invisible illness

AbbieMajor99
AbbieMajor99 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, I'm a second year student studying journalism. As part of my studies, I would like to write a feature article about someone living with an invisible illness. I based in Manchester and Sheffield so would be able to travel within reason to surrounding areas. However, if this is not suitable, a telephone interview would be acceptable for me to gather information and write the article. 

Thanks, Abbie 

Comments

• Jatfacat
    Jatfacat Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi Abbie, I would love you to write an article about y invisible illness Fibromyalgia. I live in Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire.. I have had the condition since I was around 16, I'm now 50 (a young 50 obvs lol) I could talk to you by phone as  I'm nearly always at home talking to my cats or myself lol..still no conversation back though ??. Shell 
  • nessaann
    nessaann Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Im also happy to help.ive fibromiralgia n live in liverpool merseyside.x
  • zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    well never classed mine tbh as an invisible illness, but as i've just failed a WCA for the DWP on ESA, i'm more than happy to help out, i'm a 52 next month year old male, who's been classed as disabled for the last 20 years, until april of this year on which some nurse over ruled all the doctors, consultants and senior consultants and professors medical expertise and reports, MRI and XRays and over ruled the evidence without even looking / reading it, and said i'm fit to work, so have the time, that is for sure while i appeal, only have 

spondyloarthropathy, spondylarthritis, 

chronic back pain, Sciatica, Panic attacks, anxiety, stress, frozen shoulder and trapped nerves and IBS, with a few other minor issues, but none most of the time from just looking at me tbh, and just one of the reasons i failed my last assessment, with the other being the nurse didn't have a clue, live in the out skirts of Nottingham almost on the derbyshire boarder if that's a help

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.