Change of circumstances questions — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Change of circumstances questions

kami24
kami24 Community member Posts: 402 Pioneering
Hi I moved house and that was just a change of address as I was still in the same county but now my circumstances have changed again so I am worried that they will put me onto UC!! Not sure about it 

Comments

• kami24
    edited May 2019
    My partner has moved out as we get on better living apart as I have mood swings and slight autism so I prefer it quiet and clean and tidy and he can work somewhere else then which will be better for his mental health too. I am on pip and jobseekers and housing benefit that's all
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kami24 what benefits are you currently in receipt of?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It will depend what change of circumstances you have.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kami24
    Partner moved out as we don't get on living together even though we love each other more than most people do! 
  • poppy123456

It won't mean you'll have to claim UC.

If you're claiming daily living PIP and no one is claiming carers allowance for looking after you then you'll be able to claim the severe disability premium, if you now live alone. You'll need to ring JSA to claim this and ask to fill out the IS10 form. It will be paid from the date he moved out. You may need to send proof of your partner moving out, they will tell you what proof you need to send if they need it.

If you were claiming JSA as couple then you'll need to tell them that your partner has moved out and you'll need to remove him from the claim.

You need to ring your local council for your council tax reduction because you can now claim the single persons discount. Tell them also that your partner has moved out.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • kami24
    I'm already getting the same if he wasn't there as he was a foreign national so wasn't entitled to anything. Also the jobcentre knows my situation but still tries to force me into work but they have scrapped esa now so what do I do?? 
  • kami24
    Also think council tax is written off completely 
  • poppy123456
    Claim the SDP on top of your JSA and once that's in payment then you'll be able to claim Income Related ESA with a sick note from your GP because claiming SDP means you can't claim UC.
  • kami24
    Okay I hope I can do what you've said thankyou for the quick replies???☺️
  • poppy123456
    edited May 2019
    You're welcome. I wouldn't give you any incorrect advice. If i wasn't 100% sure then i certainly wouldn't have advised you.
  • kami24
    The doctor says they will do me a med3 certificate so do I take that in the jobcentre or scan to DWP once I am on sdp? 
  • poppy123456
    You'll need to send it to DWP but you need to claim ESA first once your SDP is in payment.
  • kami24
    How do i claim esa? Once sdp is in payment?? I m line or over the phone 
  • poppy123456

Contribution-based and income-related ESA

Call the contact centre to apply for contribution-based and income-related ESA.

Contact centre
    Telephone: 0800 169 0350
  • kami24
    I have a note from the gp but I am still on jobseekers at the minute so do I show them that to show I cant engage in work activity?? 
  • kami24
    Show the jobcentre I mean to 
  • kami24
    Show the jobcentre I can't do every single thing they request 
  • poppy123456
    Have you claimed the SDP? if so then is it in payment yet?
  • poppy123456
    kami24 said:
    I have a note from the gp but I am still on jobseekers at the minute so do I show them that to show I cant engage in work activity?? 
    When was the last time you handed in a sick note for your JSA claim? and how long did the sick note last for?
  • kami24
    They are just processing the sdp will send me a note shortly. I last gave a sick note a few months back as I don't face the doctors often and waiting lists so it makes me too tense to deal with notes. This note is until August they have done it till Aug 18th

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.