ESA Home Assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA Home Assessment

MollieMoo
MollieMoo Community member Posts: 10 Connected
A doctor came to my home yesterday to carryout the ESA assessment I have been waiting for since 2017.  I had a local volunteer advocate with me this time.  The doctor was only interested in my physical health issues and only referred to them.  He didn't ask one question relating to my depression and anxiety referred to in part 2 of the assessment.  Has anyone else experienced this and if so what was the outcome.  I am expecting to have to fight another MR

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Yes i did during my last ESA review. I claim for multiple reasons and the only thing she was interested in was how my fibro affects me. It didn't affect the decision and i remained in the support group where i've been since 2012.

Wait a week and ring ESA to request a copy of the report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    I answered you other question on the other thread here. https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/60631/home-assessment#latest

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @MollieMoo and welcome to the community! I'm glad you managed to get a home assessment but that is ridiculous that you had to wait that long!!! I really hope it is a positive outcome regardless of not covering mental health. Please let us know how you get on and if there is anything else we can do to help :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.