Work capability assessment decision is puzzling me — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Work capability assessment decision is puzzling me

Stoical65iam
Stoical65iam Community member Posts: 23 Connected
Hello everyone . I was given a limited capability for work and work related activities decision after a UC Assessment i attended in February this year . But i don't understand if i`m in LCWRA or LCW group or a  support group of some kind .The UC staff don`t really make it clear. I don't need to hand in anymore fit/sick notes. Sorry for rabbiting on but i heard if your in the LCWRA you may get some financial support. Thankyou, appreciate any feedback.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

You're in LCWRA and should be receiving an extra £336 per month in your UC payments, which is paid from the 4th month of your claim starting from when you sent in your first fit note. Check to see what elements of UC you're receiving.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Stoical65iam
    Thankyou for response poppy

i'll try to find out more info'
  • Stoical65iam
    UC pay my rent, is this a factor here ? But i receive no additional money to my UC.

• poppy123456
    Your rent is a different element. You should be receiving the standard allowance as well as the LCWRA element on top.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    I see your other thread about ESA Tribunal and the decision for that was LCW. Are you sure the decision for your work capability assessment for UC was LCWRA and not LCW? when was the decision made on the work capability assessment?
  • Stoical65iam
    Thankyou for your assistance poppy. The date the decision was made was 26th Feb' 2019. The message reads like so , hopefully this helps   " Following your work cabability assessment we've decided that you have limited capability for work." However it also states " This means you won't have to look for work, but you'll need to meet with your work coach to take steps to prepare for work in the future. We call these WORK-RELATED ACTIVITIES ".
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    You come under LCW, and not LCWRA. LCW does not include any further money.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• poppy123456
    Yes, that's limited capability for work (LCW) but because you were claiming ESA previously and your claim started before April 2017 then you should receive the extra LCW amount each month, which is £126.11 extra and not £336 like i advised above.
  • Stoical65iam
    Thankyou for clearing it up guys. Still as i'm not receiving£126.11 extra either, or 2 pence extra for that matter, i'm beginning to believe someone at the DWP is having a laugh at my expense ( shock horror ! ). I suppose i better contact UC asap (probably better contacting Batman instead ) to see if he can shed anymore light on this. Why don't they (DWP) just show some common courtesy for once, and keep us all informed as to what's really going on, and stop being so damned ambiguous !
  • poppy123456
    edited June 2019
    The reason is most likely because your ESA Tribunal decision hasn't been sent across to UC. If this isn't done then your UC claim will be regarded as a new claim and not linked to your ESA claim. You need to ask a case manager from UC to send the MPG1 form to ESA.

Even though you didn't have LCW when you claimed UC the Tribunal revised that decision and you were given LCW this means that you should definitely receive the extra £126 per month. All of which is stated here in this link.

Scroll down to what if migration to UC happens.
  • Stoical65iam
    Thankyou ever so much poppy i'll look into this hopefully with a positive outcome .Sorry to sound like lieutenant Columbo but just one more thing. I'm i due some back pay ?  Thankyou.
  • poppy123456
    No problem. Yes, they will owe you money backdated from the date you were found fit for work for ESA.
  • Stoical65iam
    Thanks again .

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @Stoical65iam and good morning. :)
    Good luck speaking to Universal Credit today, I hope you get a quick resolution to this. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Stoical65iam
    Thanks for your support Adrian, and good morning to you too. I actually left a message 2 days ago now for my work coach at UC regarding this. Still waiting for a reply. 
  • poppy123456
    Most of the time it's pointless putting messages on your journal. Best thing to do is to speak to a case manager and ask them to send the MPG1 form to ESA for your Tribunal decision.
  • Stoical65iam
    Thanks once again for the help poppy . Sorry to appear ignorant, but who would be my case manager if not my work coach ?

• poppy123456
    No problem. Everyone has a case manager and they are different to a work coach. If you ring UC and ask to speak to one or for someone to ring you back.
  • Stoical65iam
    Well thanks yet again poppy, i'll ring them tomorrow as i believe they're now closed. Hopefully they're as helpful as you've been. Anyway have a lovely evening at least, as i can't buy you a pint to go with your cape.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Stoical65iam. Sadly it does seem that messages on the journal often go unanswered and it is a bit hit and miss. They open at 8am tomorrow and you're more likely to get through quickly the earlier you call. 
    They use a call routing system, so if they're available, it should be your actual case manager you get put through to. Good luck and I hope they sort this quickly for you. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.