received ESA report in full this morning, yes on a Bank holiday Monday - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

received ESA report in full this morning, yes on a Bank holiday Monday

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    How has your weekend been @zakblood? Did your roof get sorted in the end?
    That sounds really positive on the work front. Don't forget, just because you've not been in work for an extended period, it doesn't mean you haven't been developing desirable traits and skills that are transferable in to the workplace. Be sure not to sell yourself short! 
    Hopefully your physio will begin soon too. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    roofs sorted, had a friend come round and do it, interviews all gone well, but not finish until end of the month, so no news as yet, got my ESA back this morning, so now just waiting for a Tribunal date, but at least i'm on something so don't have to use saving to eat, thanks, heard nothing as yet from Physio, so no idea on how much longer before i start either as yet
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for the update @zakblood! I'm so glad you've managed to get a few things sorted, I hope that's made things a little easier! How long have you been waiting for physio at the moment?

Wishing you a lovely afternoon :)
    Scope

• zakblood
    8 weeks altogether, but that's not the real point, the real one is my GP, she should have told me in 2014 my bone scan came back clear and my 2016 MRI shows muscles inflamed etc, so i should have started physio back in 2016 at least, now i've got at least 2 to 3 more years of it to get back to being fit and pain less, or at least pain free anyway, i can't blame anyone really but myself, my own GP went onto maternity back in 2015 and it seems no one else took up the job of looking at anyone, well mine anyway, so kept proscribing my meds, not knowing i maybe no longer needed them, and should have been referred years ago, ah well looking more for the future now than the past, thanks anyway, another application sent off today and another interview next week, so it's all positive and experience atm
  • zakblood
    well phoned the DWP Friday to see where my back dated money was and was told, there waiting on my to provide a sick / fit note from a doctor, first i've heard of it i said, as my last letter from you was dated and also states, they will now be paying me after a 12 to 13 week wait etc now by tribunal has taken on the case, the said reading from a screen with no comments welcome, they sent you a txt and a letter stating it, which i replied i haven't received, and that's why i'm phoning now, so wouldn't they do a follow up? answer no.

so made and got a appointment for today on the same day, last friday, which was cancelled today, as Doctor phoned in sick, seems she knew i was coming lol.

so made another one for tomorrow, sick note please, backdated to april the 15th thanks.

so will update once i've been and see how that goes, without one i get the standard £72 backdated, with one, i get my full amount, of £115 backdated, so can at least pay off some debt and go and grab food myself, instead of others feeding me.

then wait until a date for the tribunal, and or a job comes my way,...

happy days are here again
  • zakblood
    just come from the doctors and then a visit to the local job center to get my details uploaded onto my account, saves sending a letter, which can't get lost, even internally, so they scanned it and attached it direct to my account, so where im i at now?

well doctor first, he was brilliant and very supportive, backdated my fit note / sick note from 14th of april to last day of december this year, meaning the DWP has now to pay me the full amount while i'm awaiting tribunal, so that's one less to worry about.

had the felt sorted on mr roof by a mate, cost me a few drinks for him, so that's another worry less.

need to phone the DWP in 3 to 4 working days and see what happens now and how long before the money comes, as i've already waited more than 14 weeks, so hopefully now the notes gone in, not much longer now, so much happier, interview on Thursday and another one at the end of the month, so while there's still no light at the end of the tunnel, it's not so dark, bleak and black as it was when i started, so my glass is still half full and not half empty, my chins up, each time they knock me down, i get up and smile as i'm alive, poor, but alive so careless 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Thank you for updating us @zakblood. It sounds like things are all slowly getting there. That's great news about the doctor being so helpful!

I hope things continue to go in the right direction. :)
    Scope

• zakblood
    interview day at 1pm today, so fingers crossed, either way it's another one done, if i get it it's a bonus, if not then it wasn't meant to be and i was just there to make the numbers up again and maybe already went internally :) 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Best of luck today @zakblood! :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    I hope it went well today @zakblood! :)

Scope

• zakblood
    thanks, well it was ok, seemed to go okm maybe my last 2 went on too long, as have had now 2 that went over the 2 hours mark, so this one today was around 30 mins, so fair, seemed somewhat shorter and while they spoke alot, and wrote a lot, i didn't really have much or many questions to ask, i'd done my research and told them what i knew, which seemed more of the face to face was then maybe pointless, seems i was over dressed, came with maybe too much knowledge and didn't really need my hand holding and maybe that's what they have either been expecting or had previously done, felt somewhat of a dinosaur tbh, as there very young who had the qualifications that was sure as they mentioned it, but knew little about life as not been on the planet long enough, so guess they will take on a school leaver instead of someone like me, no matter how much experience i have, which is fine and at the end i told them so and wished them luck and to who ever got the job :) 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Sorry to hear that Zakblood. Do you have any idea when you'll hear anything? Is there anything else lined up?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 231 Pioneering
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • zakblood
    thanks for both your replies,

had a reply, and another failed lol :) ah well, another one tomorrow morning at 10 am, so back again knocking on the door

"Dear xxxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for coming to your recent interview.

We very much enjoyed meeting you. However at this time we will not be progressing your application further.

If you would like any feedback following your interview please contact NAME and they will be more than happy to provide you with some feedback.

We genuinely appreciate the time, effort and consideration made when making your application."

about normal and par for the coarse, 22 done and dusted, phone interview then a meeting face to face, but then i fail at the next part, either another interview or being offered the job, but feedback is all good, so can't complain tbh
  • Chloe_Scope
    Sorry to hear this @zakblood, I hope the feedback is useful though! 

We'll keep our fingers crossed for you tomorrow, I really hope it goes well. :)
    Scope

• zakblood
    thanks, it matters less how often i fail tbh, as i shall keep on trying all the same, to me, it's their loss, not mine, and i always send them a reply back thanking them and also wishing the person who got the job all the success in the future and for them and the company, as well, it doesn't cost anything and why not, i'm happy to just keep waking up, money isn't everything and after 20 years without a paid job, but 20 years working for voluntary, can't say that i'll notice the difference tbh either way, what you don't have you don't miss, and what you dream for, isn't no longer a dream once your achieve it, so i'll keep on dreaming for it seems a while longer
  • zakblood
    interview done, that's around 30+ face to face and maybe more phone ones, just over 2 1/2 hours long so par for the coarse, biscuits and tea and coffee provided , 10 others there for 6 jobs, so could have been more on different days, so chances are less, but staying positive, and as they mentioned they will let everyone know by tomorrow, not much longer to wait either.

wasn't the only male there, which so far is the first, but again and upto yet have been the oldest by a long way,...

but not the only one with no experience, so a bonus, team session with questions went very well, seemed most didn't want to talk much, where i'm not that shy and spoke to everyone and about everything, researched my questions and had some good answers back, so fingers crossed, seem most are quite nervous, while i'm rather the odd one odd and really enjoy them, gets me out the house and when asked to talk, have plenty to talk about
  • Chloe_Scope
    We'll keep our fingers crossed for you @zakblood
    Scope

• zakblood
    thanks, not heard anything as of yet, but still time, and also seen the same job re advertised so more still needed, so will apply again if i don't get in the first time lol :) 
  • Chloe_Scope
    That’s good! I hope you have a lovely weekend.  :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.