Fibromyalgia verses pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fibromyalgia verses pip

Toffee
Toffee Community member Posts: 251 Pioneering
edited July 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Looking for people who have applied, been award, been refused to tell there story to help us all on this horrid condition. 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Toffee PIP is not based on the condition itself but is based on how your condition affects your ability to carry out daily tasks and your mobility. I hope our community members will be along shortly to share their experience with you :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Toffee
    Thank you ami  
  • MKMale
    MKMale Community member Posts: 24 Courageous
    Hello @Toffee
    I have Fibromyalgia, and I was awarded PIP high rate for both components a few years ago. I will happily help if you still need people. Just let me know if and how I can help.
    Kindest Regards

Drew 
  • Toffee
    Yes thank you drew
  • sheZZa
    sheZZa Community member Posts: 259 Pioneering
    @Toffee
    i have fibromyalgia and several other debilitating illnesses. Four years ago I was awarded enhanced daily living and enhanced mobility. Although nothing has changed, if anything things have gotten worse, in May I was awarded standard for both.
  • Toffee
    Ty for sharing shezza x
  • trezash
    trezash Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi I have fibromyalgia I was diagnosed 3 years ago I applied for pip a year ago this January I got awarded no points at assessment and mandatory reconsideration waiting for my appeal on the 5 th of August my condition had gotten so much worse my anxiety and panic attacks have lead to two really bad falls one which resulted in me breaking my wrist iam due to go back for a second operation on the 1 st of August not looking forward to any of them fibromyalgia has really changed my life !!x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,340 Disability Gamechanger
    trezash said:
    Hi I have fibromyalgia I was diagnosed 3 years ago I applied for pip a year ago this January I got awarded no points at assessment and mandatory reconsideration waiting for my appeal on the 5 th of August my condition had gotten so much worse my anxiety and panic attacks have lead to two really bad falls one which resulted in me breaking my wrist iam due to go back for a second operation on the 1 st of August not looking forward to any of them fibromyalgia has really changed my life !!x
    HI,

I'm sorry to hear this. Do be aware that the Tribunal won't be able to take into consideration any worsening of condition. They will only look at how your conditions affected you when the decision was made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Toffee
    So sorry to here this trezash big hugs thank you for sharing your experience x
  • robt1066
    robt1066 Community member Posts: 33 Courageous
    A lady I know got a basic daily living award for fibromyalgia.
  • robt1066
    robt1066 Community member Posts: 33 Courageous
    ... that's a PIP daily living award. 
  • Toffee
    Ty lovcat and robt x
  • Jurph
    Jurph Community member Posts: 369 Pioneering
    I applied for PIP in January 2018. I didn't get a single point.

I'm off to tribunal in a few weeks.
  • Toffee
    Fingers crossed jurph maybe ppl on here can give you some advice x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.