Can they close my ESA account ? - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can they close my ESA account ?

124»

Comments

• maggieomx
    maggieomx Community member Posts: 131 Courageous
    Have just been cut off the DWP LINE was waiting 58 minutes !!
    My house fone has just come on along with internet
    From my new povider lost an hour of my life i wont get back !!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    If it was close to 6pm then that will be the reason you were cut off because they close at that time. Best time to ring is early in the morning, at least that's always the best for me.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • maggieomx
    Its not open weekend is it ??
  • poppy123456
    No. Monday at 8am.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    I hope you manage to get through today @maggieomx, let us know how you get on. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • maggieomx
    Iv been hangin on this morning for 24 minutes so far i will keep you updated on the outcome  !!
  • maggieomx
    Just got off the fone apparently its just a automatic update letter and has got nothing to do with my ESA capability test ?

• poppy123456
    I thought it maybe that, although that letter is late. It just seemed rather quick for it to be a decision letter.  They very often have strange ways of wording letters.

As you've only very recently returned the ESA50 form it could be a few months until you hear something back. Your file will be sent to the health assessment providers to decide if a face to face assessment is needed, most have them.
  • maggieomx
    He didnt have a clue rearly ?!
    Can they not read whats on the screen he said my esa had been cancelled as they didnt get my form back in time !
    I told him it was sent registered signed for and.id checked they had got it !!
    He rhen read screen and he saod ih yes we have got it !!
    He said HE THINKS ?? its gone to the people to see if i need a test or not ....not at all confident after this fone call !!
  • poppy123456
    Signed for delivery doesn't mean anything if the form was sent straight to DWP. Some are sent straight to the health assessment providers, mine always has been for ESA. Signed for delivery just means it's been signed for by someone from Royal Mail sorting office, once that's happened, it could be anywhere. It's not classed as being there until it's been put onto the computer.

It's been a couple of weeks since you returned the form and i'm sure if they hadn't received it, you would have received a letter by now.

• maggieomx
    Hiya poppy i recieved this letter yesterday from DWP ?
    If you remember iv sent my form back for a  ESA work capability test ?.
    Im confused would this be my answer from them ??or am i wishing for a miracle and i dont need to attend a work capability test f2f ??.
    Sorry about the sidewards foto im hopeless with this mobile phone  thanks!
  • poppy123456
    I would say that's a decision on the latest WCA, so great news no face to face was needed. :)
  • maggieomx
    Yayyy thankyoy poppy !!
    Great news on a monday morning thank you for your help x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.