SDP/Universal Credit refund news — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

SDP/Universal Credit refund news

poppy123456
poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
Morning everyone,

I wasn't sure where to post this but thought this was the most appropriate place. Haven't seen any legislation to this yet but i'll keep looking. If anyone finds anything in the meantime please feel free to add it.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Comments

• poppy123456
    @Government_needs_reform good morning my friend.

I know how up to date you are on these things and was wondering if you know of any legislation for this please? I've looked but can't find anything new.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited July 2019
    @poppy123456 Morning to you too my friend.

yep, sorry to say Amber Rudd & Co have sold us all down the river regarding the Pilot Migration legislation.

Here is the full video here regarding migration

https://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/fc97ee06-0017-4e20-8491-4c2e9aaf7398?in=18:42:30&out=19:45:00) parliamentlive.tv/event/index/fc…

This is the full Pilot Migration transcript here.
    https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2019-07-22/debates/8111667B-E194-41D6-9496-FE1E870225E6/UniversalCreditManagedMigration

https://www.parliament.uk/business/committees/committees-a-z/commons-select/work-and-pensions-committee/news-parliament-2017/universal-credit-chairs-comments-17-19/

I wrote a response last night about this sham?

Yep, I see that was coming, just watched it in full and Amber Rudd didn't disappoint. See was playing those typical tricks, it's a snake in the grass scenario, I will hide, then I will bite you.

That's is just the start of hell for all these poor people will face in the coming months and weeks ahead.

The Tories are renowned for their sly tricks and lies, they know full well what they are doing.

What amazed me there was only roughly around 20 MPs there.

This should have gone in a proper parliament debate with all MPs.

I've seen some dirty tricks in my time that was just plain disgusting..

I feel for all these people that can't use a computer, bed bound, or can't even leave there house, and for a whole host of other reasons.

Soon there will be more Food bank use, people destitute, it's such a sad state of affairs it really is.

This Pilot Migration was supposed to be voted on.

Hope they help poppy..❤️
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• jude1967
    jude1967 Community member Posts: 57 Courageous
    Morning everyone,

I wasn't sure where to post this but thought this was the most appropriate place. Haven't seen any legislation to this yet but i'll keep looking. If anyone finds anything in the meantime please feel free to add it.

Yes poppy I recieved the news about the payments that gone through it was on my news feed and housing feeds 
  • jude1967
    Yes poppy it was on my news feed and housing feeds I seen early hours this morning .also my son recieved the news feed also he sent me it ..but I already new as I was awake wen I came through early hrs 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for sharing this @poppy123456!
    Scope

• jude1967
    edited July 2019
    I read it suppose to being back for some as far back 2014 

As you already know poppy, Amber Rudd will start paying SDP back claimants from this Wednesday 24th

Also @poppy123456 here is the draft legislation for Pilot & Managed.

The Universal Credit (Managed Migration Pilot and Miscellaneous Amendments) Regulations 2019

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukdsi/2019/9780111178317
    ⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    A couple of extra articles about it from Metro and BBC in case it helps anyone. As of last night I wasn't able to find any updated legislation regarding this other than what @Government_needs_reform has already shared.
    Community Manager
    Scope
    A couple of extra articles about it from Metro and BBC in case it helps anyone. As of last night I wasn't able to find any updated legislation regarding this other than what @Government_needs_reform has already shared.
    Thanks @Adrian_Scope for the information you've also added, all the other changes have been discussed in the transcript and video by Amber Rudd.

At present legislation at the moment only shows as a "DRAFT STATUTORY INSTRUMENTS"

⬇️

@poppy123456 here is some more on how she pushed the regs through etc.

CREDIT CRUNCH 

Universal Credit switch over finally set to start this week as Amber Rudd puts through up to 10,000 Brits from old benefits system

Amber Rudd told MPs that a number of people in Harrogate will be put on to the controversial six-in-one benefit system as planned, as she rushed through laws last night.

But MPs won't get a vote on whether to approve it, as it will be fast-tracked using an obscure emergency law instead in the last days of Theresa May's rule.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9559859/universal-credit-switch-pilot-amber-rudd-benefits/

This was so out of touch, deceitful, and very underhanded the way she pushed the regs through? The 11th hour.

⬇️

• poppy123456
    Thanks everyone @Government_needs_reform i really feel sorry for those in the Harrogate area. I knew it was planned for this month but the way this has been done is disgusting.
    edited July 2019
    Thanks everyone @Government_needs_reform i really feel sorry for those in the Harrogate area. I knew it was planned for this month but the way this has been done is disgusting.

Was any of the information any help to you @poppy123456

Not happy how any of this has been handled regarding this migration process.
    Amber Rudd has not released a full set in final legislation as of yet, she in affect, and they can still change regulations as they see fit and can do this without any comebacks.
    ⬇️

• poppy123456
    @Government_needs_reform It was useful to know that those currently claiming SDP will not be able to claim UC until 2021 if a change of circumstances happen. I'm moving house sometime in the next few months and very happy to know that i will stay on ESA and housing benefit. Thanks for that!
    edited July 2019
    Good lord @poppy123456 all that rushing around has warn me out, if that's the bit you wanted to know I could have posted just that?????

Anyway if anyone else wants to know here it is.

Amber Rudd states.

Following the High Court judgment on the severe disability premium, the regulations will also—in 2021—bring an end to the barrier that currently prevents its recipients from moving to universal credit as a result of a change of circumstances. Until 2021, anyone who currently receives the premium and whose circumstances change will continue to be held on legacy benefits, as they are now. After 2021, anyone who currently receives the premium and whose circumstances change will continue to be held on legacy benefits, as they are now. After 2021, the barrier will be removed. SDP claimants will move on to universal credit through natural migration, gaining access to the new payments that are available to those who have already moved over.
    ⬇️

• poppy123456
    edited July 2019
    @Government_needs_reform i didn't start the thread for myself lol. I know there's a lot of people waiting for money owed to them when they were wrongly told to claim UC and lost the SDP. The reason i posted was to help those people, which is why i tagged you to ask if you had more information. Sorry if i didn't make myself more clear on that, it's far to hot and my brain has melted today :o

Anyway, thanks so much for your help and sorry i gave you the run around, at least it took your mind of other things and gave you something to do ;););)

Enjoy this wonderful weather, while it lasts.
    @poppy123456 you know I don't mind ❤️❤️❤️

Sent you a PM
    ⬇️

@poppy123456 @Adrian_Scope we have a full updated instrument, not a draft, this needs to be read with serious concerns as it appears very suspicious.

STATUTORY INSTRUMENTS

2019 No. 1152

SOCIAL SECURITY

The Universal Credit (Managed Migration Pilot and Miscellaneous Amendments) Regulations 2019

Made

18th July 2019

Laid before Parliament

22nd July 2019

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2019/1152/made
    ⬇️

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Thanks @Government_needs_reform, some light afternoon reading for me!
    Community Manager
    Scope
    Thanks @Government_needs_reform, some light afternoon reading for me!
    Thought you would like a good read @Adrian_Scope

I'm still picking the bones of it...

The rewording of this bit - They have also stopped those only getting SDP in HB from getting any payments

-an award of universal credit has been made in respect of a claimant who, within the period of one month immediately preceding the first day on which the claimant became entitled to universal credit as a consequence of making a claim, was entitled to an award of income support, income-based jobseeker’s allowance or income-related employment and support allowance that included a severe disability premium;

which was

a claimant, or joint claimants, became entitled to an award of universal credit as a
    consequence of a claim made before 16th January 2019 and the Secretary of State
    is satisfied that regulation 4A (restriction on claims for universal credit by persons
    entitled to a severe disability premium) would have prevented the claim from
    being made if it had been in force at that time;

Adrian see how many holes you find within it and post it back here?

⬇️

Also to add...

New DWP UC Regulations announced

29. On Monday 22 July 2019, DWP laid Regulations to enable:

• the ‘Move to UC’ pilot to start
    • transitional payments for claimants who were in receipt of the severe disability premium (SDP) before they moved onto UC
    • removal of the UC Gateway restrictions for claimants in receipt of SDP from 2021

30. These regulations will come into force on Wednesday 24 July 2019.

Move to UC pilot

31. The ‘Move to UC’ pilot aims to support those claimants who remain in receipt of our legacy benefits. Claimants who have a substantial change of circumstances will continue to move to and claim UC.

32. The UC Programme are committed to ensuring that claimants transfer successfully and are fully supported. Therefore, the pilot will begin in Harrogate Jobcentre only.

33. You can find ‘questions and answers’ that provide more detail regarding the Move to UC pilot at Annex A.

Changes to the UC Gateway for claimants entitled to SDP

34. As from January 2021, in compliance with a High Court judgment, DWP will abolish the UC Gateway restrictions for claimants in receipt of SDP in order to remove the differential treatment this has created. This means that claimants will no longer be able to make a new claim for legacy benefits (including HB) and will be signposted to make a claim to UC.

35. The removal of the UC Gateway cannot be achieved until January 2021 in order to protect the safe functioning of the UC system. In the meantime, the UC Gateway continues to operate and SDP recipients will remain on and make new claims to legacy benefits - see circular HB [A1/2019 (Revised)(https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/housing-benefit-adjudication-circulars-2019/a12019-hb-gateway-severe-disability-premium-and-claimants-with-3-or-more-children)].

36. Once the UC Gateway is removed, claimants who are receiving SDP and move to UCwill be eligible to be considered for transitional payments in the same way as those already on UC.

37. Transitional payments will be made to former SDP claimants as soon as possible. Processes have been put in place to identify claimants who are potentially eligible a transitional payment. The circumstances of those identified will then be assessed for eligibility before any payment is made.

38. However, ‘HB only’ claimants will be excluded from SDP transitional payments as analysis has shown that HB only claimants do not normally experience losses when moving to UC.

39. The small number of HB only claimants who may lose out on moving to UC (usually due to their income or earnings), will be able to be considered for a Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP) if they require support with their rental costs.

40. To support this, there are planned changes to the DHP Guidance (England and Wales), to include these claimants in the list of recommended priority groups.

See this full DWP release here for all of the above.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/la-welfare-direct-bulletins-2019/la-welfare-direct-bulletin-72019-lite
    ⬇️

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.