SDP/Universal Credit refund news - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

SDP/Universal Credit refund news

Comments

• jude1967
    jude1967 Community member Posts: 57 Courageous
    I had a headache reading it all ...god it's all these different acts and I was like god I ain.t got a clue..but lit the next load that going on it..its been awful for us that lost it..I had to move because no funding for care in the community these days ..so I moved to get help then lost all my servere disable premiums 2 yes now ..so the next faze that transferring hope and pray that it goes steady for them..but we talking about uc ..u never no wat is happening next ...
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,340 Disability Gamechanger
    @Government_needs_reform thanks for that! I've saved the link and will read it later when i have more time and this headache has gone. Much appreciated!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    @Government_needs_reform thanks for that! I've saved the link and will read it later when i have more time and this headache has gone. Much appreciated!
    Always welcome @poppy123456 and glad to help my friend❤️
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• jude1967
    Omg I was reading it all ..god I was more confused but I suppose they ha e to pass laws and it comes under acts and all ...its a long read but u need a law book and I ain.t got one to hand to write it all down in a simpler terms ...but u have a good shot of coffee or a cold drink to get u through it..but yes it was sudden it came out of nowhere ...but it's not going to be paid out right away ..I patience enough ..well we all have been ..but it's a read in half ..but there loads more people that's been waiting longer than me .so there going to be alot more and some are going back so many yrs me it's been 2 yrs ..but its news we been waiting for ..but I don.t really no about the next faze ..but a strong coffee or a long cold drink and few headache tablets might work....but it's the legal side and the acts is the point that's hard for me ..
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    @jude1967 your certainly not kidding it takes days and hours to sift through all the red tape and all the amendments.

But what's truly disgusting is Amber Rudd forced these regulations through without a proper debate? 

She used underhand tactics to force this legislation through so MPs won't get a vote on whether to approve it, as it will be fast-tracked using an obscure emergency law instead in the last days of Theresa May's rule. she rushed through laws last night.

Not happy.

@poppy123456 this is a latest reply from Justin Tomlinson regarding lost SDP payments. We will see how long they will take to pay everyone back their money.

⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• jude1967
    I no I couldn't.t believe it myself ..I think she might rushed it through because we hot new priminster and maybe that's ex prime minister last  stand .I was confused myself ..not even a mention I think it was 20 mp turned up God nos with this government with all the twist and turns crazy 
  • jude1967
    So will they be paying it all off in one payment?????
  • poppy123456
    I would expect you'll receive the backdated money as a lump sum. Of course the future extra money will be paid monthly.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • jude1967
    edited July 2019
    I was concerned about this ..they saying that people lost £100 ..we didn't.t we lost all sdp .also is there a sneaky gut feeling are they talking the loss they saying is only £100 that's there going to be no £450 compensation each mnth ..I sort thinking outside the box really that they going to short change us on compensation. As I reading and I am thinking the way the dwp as they lie so much that in fact there won.t be the compensation as outlined £405 ..so I haven.t shelved my court papers for the high court as I have the solictors that dealing with the disable men that won their case in the crown courts ..I rattle myself all around the government news paperwork on the laws they inforcing ..how does £100  come to mind and all they doing is say nothing on the paperwork it's worth more the sdp we lost I don.t no if anyone else has come to that conclusion ..so if they going to try and pull a fast one that it's just £100 as in fact we still not going to be paid and only they say £405 that just not going to happen I trying to work between the lines..wat do u think on it..the problem is that the dwp are not honest and they throwing in the law the act and I now thinking theres more to this than meets the eye ..so i think there more to this than meets the eye ..isn't.t it awful u got to think on the lies the dwp have done ..infect really we in affect only going to shortfall of the £45 ...i tried reading between the lines and they have not in fact stated out the compensation at all ..the going to pull the wool over our eyes they are working on those that's on the highest premiums on uncredit so in effect it's going to a very large shortfall ....I been trying to work it out and really there still not going to even reinstate the premiums it's going to be added to the the premiums that's because us that got a serious condition are just going to get the increase to payment will will raise to 405 ..so I can see this coming and as it  written in law now its will be harder for us to fight it if I am correct ..
  • jude1967
     So its seems we not getting compensation at all I knew if I went to a few my contact thst I get the truth .so intact its look like my court papers going in had enough ..the servere disable premiums were for people living on their own which was at time over £67 a wk ..trying to pull the wool over our eyes..I knew if I asked people that I get down to the true facts ..its bad enough we have to have medical to prove we are disable then this ..so I thought I would share .so in fact a single person with needing care in affect is not going to get compensation just back payments of 120 a mnth 
    Hi Jude,  it seems someone in the government still can't add up.  The compensation for someone who has LCWRA (I think that's what you get?) is going to be £120 per month.

It should be £180 a month so I can see this going back to court again!!!!

So for you, find the total number of months since you claimed UC, multiply that by £120 and that is the lump sum they will pay you.  Then your UC should increase by £120 a month going forward.

I think they are planning to do the calculations and payments now, but I don't know how long it will take to go through all the claimd
  • rodm
    rodm Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    For those who are due an sdp refund , call the sdp helpline on 08001814049 , and inform them that you should have been in receipt of sdp. They take your details and contact you within 48 hours , I'm expecting my call back today, I shall keep you informed.
  • aspieangie
    aspieangie Community member Posts: 19 Listener
    rodm said:
    For those who are due an sdp refund , call the sdp helpline on 08001814049 , and inform them that you should have been in receipt of sdp. They take your details and contact you within 48 hours , I'm expecting my call back today, I shall keep you informed.
    Thanks for this.

I'm confused about my situation. I was on ESA support Group and PIP Enhanced and got EDP as I lived with partner. Partner and I split up and I moved into a different property. Under ESA I would've got SDP due to living alone and getting PIP. But UC was in my area so I didn't get SDP. No idea if I'd be eligible for the payment ? does anyone know? Thanks 
  • user101
    user101 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi I'm new to posting on here but have been looking all the time for other news on sdp payback. I rang uc on Wednesday they said I would to be contacted within 48 hours, but all I received was a note in my journal telling me the process would take time and they cant give me a certain date! So basically no point in them making me wait 48 hours, I wouldnt get your Hope's up I did and was very disappointed 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    I'm sorry you ended up feeling let down @user101. Thanks for letting us know though. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • poppy123456

Thanks for this.

I'm confused about my situation. I was on ESA support Group and PIP Enhanced and got EDP as I lived with partner. Partner and I split up and I moved into a different property. Under ESA I would've got SDP due to living alone and getting PIP. But UC was in my area so I didn't get SDP. No idea if I'd be eligible for the payment ? does anyone know? Thanks 
    Unfortunately, in this situation you won't be entitled to any refund because when you lived with your partner you weren't entitled to SDP. When you moved you claimed UC and UC doesn't have the disability premiums.

To be entitled to backdated money then you must have been entitled to SDP within 1 month of claiming UC and because you lived with your partner then you won't qualify.
  • jude1967
    This is ridiculous now that they say they paying just so they can do the next faze they couldn.t get it correct on this universal credit one lie after another so really we could all be here in months to come because they won.t rush and it's bad enough the constant lie ..we were told from the beginning that compensate us ..but it's all bravado to be honest ...thsts exactly the response to palm you off saying they contact u in 48 hrs they used that before to brush people off ..I never get contacted back I still not got contacted back through my journal months ago ..the hoping to go at a snail pace just the same Rudd rushed through the laws at the 11th hr a smell a rat  as usual..wen will the dwp stop playing God with fusable people lives .I had to do a few people I no that would give me the truth and they did so in fact they still conning us as I knew where to go but if I can get the information...rudd needs to be ashamed as she reckon she nos how hard it is to be disable ...as no wonder the 11th hr ..but guess wat it's all politics and there really no justice really for disable people...
  • jacksaaa
    jacksaaa Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    I’m the same I rang up Wednesday an told them I’m entitled to something they said I’d get called back I never got the same message rang up yesterday said they have escalated said I’d be getting called today again hasn’t happened
  • jude1967
    Guy just come off the  fine they  have not received anything yet from the dwp so in fact I smell a rat and I asked them about the compensation.they said they have not been told .so it's just them going to stall now ..knew they would disgusting management from all side 
  • jacksaaa
    jacksaaa Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    Ive been on the phone today they saying this is going to take a long time I really can see them doing every little thing they’d possibly can to not pay people I’m giving up with it now I told them keep the money 
  • jude1967
    I asked them outright about compensation as there been no word on it I sending my court papers now ..had enough ..they said to me not all people are untitled to it ..unless you ont the higher lwcra...so really then going to beworse for those that was Putin the lower lwcra..she got a bit smart with metoldher straight ..I not having thiscrap for anotherfewyrs and also there no compensation they saying the compensation is after you get the premium of the extra100 I ask well how come that they come to that wen it for the extra for people that living on their own and as I pointed out it doesn.tmatter way group in as that's still unfair ..but she said she send my paperwork up but like I said there is no compensation only the extra top you get ..Leo I just said ok see way the courts have to say she was like not giving meany info untill I told them..they are not going torushthatnumber above is nothing really they not helpful at all

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.