Compliance Interview and savings — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Compliance Interview and savings

Cardiff77
Cardiff77 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited July 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi, Last year when my husband (64) became  unemployed, we looked at out benefit entitlement. As I am retired we were told to apply for Pension Credit and we were dulky awarded PC (guaranteed). 

Now a year later I have been contacted for a ‘Compliance Interview.’

The thing is that a year ago we panicked and did not mention certain savings. These were over the threashhold but we assumed they would be going under very shortly dud to the fact of a forthcoming trip to Hong Kong to see his son.

Now we are worried sick about this mistake. We wonder what to do.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

All you can do is attend the interview and be honest. If you've been overpaid then you will need to repay that back. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cardiff77
    That is fine by me. But could if be construed as fraud?? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    All savings should have been declared when you applied so yes potentially. You could have a fine on top of any overpayment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cardiff77
    Well we have only been on for a year, so wont be that much and we are willing to apay

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.