Do you have a hint, tip or life hack to share with us? - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do you have a hint, tip or life hack to share with us?

Comments

• bluebob
    bluebob Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    Gettinolde. I've this with oxo cube since I was a little just give them a little squeeze and the tear the foil and sprinkle it in what ever dish out gravy you are making ??
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @LindaButler1970   Thanks for sharing.  Another one like the ideas of food preparation in the morning.

Then your ready to start. Another idea is to use food processor slicer for veggies and store them in clip bags or Zip bags easy storage.

Done that this morning.

Keep them in the crisp box or salad box fridge cooler there and will not go off.

If you have a blender use jars sauces in the blender with already sliced Carrots helps to hide veggies sweetens the sauce no need for sugar.

Do the same with Onions slicer attachment food processor into sauces.

Just done Potatoes and Kale blanched and ready to be used in meals  now can store in fridge. Just add Kale last minute.

Also ready cooked Potatoes, great in instant salad.  One teaspoon of Mayo, Horseradish a touch of lemon juice.

I like your cleaning tips.   I do that . Great minds think a like. lol.

I use still do make a peanut sandwich any favourite one hide it in the fridge do the task then eat the sandwich.

PNB because energizes you more and is a healthy snack but consider housework or cleaning is an form of exercise.

Helps you keep fit.

Anything I can help with very happy to be supportive.  Any ideas or suggestions.

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    You should write a blog on all your food prep ideas @thespiceman:)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • thespiceman
    Hello @Sam_Scope    Been mentioned before by friends and fans. lol.

I have so many ideas and things I do.  Happy as I do share and care every one of my ideas.

Could be start of something could it not.  Do not know where to begin. 

See what happens.

Thanks as always the support.

Your friend

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Sam_Alumni
    Give me a few days and let me see if I can find a good how to guide to starting a blog that's not too bamboozling! I have looked before but found the guides either trying to see something or very techy. 
    Scope
  • MaxineAshley
    MaxineAshley Community member Posts: 38 Courageous
    I’m going to start a blog, so I purchased the “Dummies” books to help me out. 
    As those books are so easy to read and quickly learn how to do things. 

Wishing everyone today to have a good day. 
    Writing my first novel, excited to get it finished.
  • Sam_Alumni
    I write a blog myself, I think I need to get down on paper some of the things I have learnt over the years! I find it so rewarding! :)
    Scope
  • GettinOlde
    GettinOlde Community member Posts: 495 Pioneering
    edited July 2019
    bluebob said:
    Gettinolde. I've this with oxo cube since I was a little just give them a little squeeze and the tear the foil and sprinkle it in what ever dish out gravy you are making ??
    ?
    Well, you could have told the rest of us a little sooner - it would have saved us loads of time trying to tear the foil off and then getting our fingers all sticky and gooey when crumbling them into hot water. ?
    Resident joker - not to be taken too seriously ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2019
    I'm with you there @Sam_Scope on that one!

@MaxineAshley, what would you blog about? I always love finding new blogs to read!
    Scope

• bluebob
    bluebob Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    I'm so so sorry gettinolde my friend but didn't think it until I saw your post once again I'm sorry lol lol

• MaxineAshley
    @Chloe_Scope

I have a couple ideas about doing my blog.

1. Living with agoraphobia, while I write my novel. 

2. Also being a vegan with ideas for recipes and makeup, perfumes, all toiletries and clothes too. 

And a few other ideas too. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Ooo you have lots of different things to write about @MaxineAshley! All really interesting as well. What is your novel about?
    Scope

• MaxineAshley
    @Chloe_Scope

My novel is the first in a trilogy, it’s a comedy romance with the ups and downs of my main character.

Also I’m writing children’s stories too. 

And I have so many ideas about other stories for novels too. 

My brain is full of ideas, and my laptop has so many stories I have started writing each story so far. 

I love the freedom of writing and allowing my creative mind take over the other parts that I need to forget about. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    They all sound really good @MaxineAshley! I know that feeling, writing can be do lovely. :)
    Scope

• GettinOlde
    GettinOlde Community member Posts: 495 Pioneering
    edited July 2019
    I'm thinking of starting a Scope video-blog for How-To guides on doing this-that-and-the-other on the site.

The Dummies Guide to Navigating Scope ?

Resident joker - not to be taken too seriously ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    To teach things like fractions, numbers, colors and shapes etc I use workbooks and educational apps. I also use fun games to reinforce concepts.   
  • jaja
    jaja Community member Posts: 76 Pioneering
    Sam_Scope said:
    jaja said:
    Great tips and ideas.

I have found something so thought I would share. I have just purchased a towel wrap. It is essentially a towel you wrap around yourself but with shoulder straps and button fastening. It looks nicer than I've made it sound.

If you cant manage a robe, suffer fatigue after showering or even need hands completely free this is worth a try.

I just got a towel wrap with velcro on the top from B&M's for about £6, it's not the most absorbent towel in the world, but great for handsfree wear when youre exhausted getting out of the shower!

Not just me then. Didn't know they had them in B&M. I shall look.
  • Sam_Alumni
    I'm thinking of starting a Scope video-blog for How-To guides on doing this-that-and-the-other on the site.

The Dummies Guide to Navigating Scope ?

That is something we have thought about before! Do people think this would be helpful to have video guides to navigate the site?
    Scope
  • thespiceman
    Hello @Sam_Scope   This is a good idea.  Reason is many people know my self included by watching or see.  

How to do a task can do it and copy it.  Words are sometimes  my mind gets mixed up and have to write it down in my own way. So I can adapt to my own needs.

Reason why my recipes I tailor them and make it clear as I can for every one who may have either some difficulties in one way or another.

Not every one also has the knowledge and experience to understand how to do technical stuff on the web or the forum.

If you go to Curry's electrical store on the web as well their own website have instructional guides on most things and aspects of electrical items.

Hope that helps.

One other thing you mentioned about me starting a blog just the technical side and need probably some guidance and some other advice to think about that.

Including legalities and to cover my self protection . Data and everything around that.

I think it is different when your writing but me myself if I am showing people who and how to do recipes.

There must be some sort of protection of data. The laws around that to prevent those using my recipes if they did for their own gain and profit has been known.

I do not mind every one using my recipes for their own self.   That was the whole idea of showing members of our community ideas and recipes.

Some times in the past have shown some one a recipe and found that they have claimed for their own self. It is me shown them in the first place.

Understanding that did hurt and thought well yes that was my recipe but taking credit for some one else's recipe not a good idea.

Causing relationships, friendships to be broken.  Loose lips sink ships. Spring to mind.

Plagiarism is a bone of contention in the cooking community. Been lots of recipes.  

Also one point I know myself have the anxiety of showing my face and am always aware of my own self my own security and personal space.

All these are in my thoughts.  

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Birdsnbees
    Birdsnbees Community member Posts: 75 Pioneering
    edited August 2019
    Look after you and your energy. Spend time with people who lift you. Cut out/limit the ones who try to take from you.

Be nice to people. Anger, hate, envy, jealousy any negative emotion are all taking from the limited energy you have to make dreams happen and enjoy life. Let go of what others think. Live and do what's best for you and the right people will come to your aid

Enjoy talking to people if you feel it will lift you. Be wise with your energy. Say no if required and/or set boundaries. If you're feeling low or need a connection, here is great, YouTube is also useful and there is a free community of listeners called 7 Cups which pairs you with someone to talk to.

Hope it helps
    Thanks for all the tips - love the cooking ones from @thespiceman and the one about the bags for the shoes

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Brightness