MORE CHICKEN RECIPES — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

MORE CHICKEN RECIPES

thespiceman
thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
edited March 2019 in Coffee lounge
Hello every body more simple suppers costing nothing.

Using Chicken.

You will need one large Chicken. One large Stock pot Onions, Carrots, Leeks and Celery roughly diced up.

Herbs Parsley, Rosemary, Thyme, Fennel Seeds, Sage Black Pepper. half a teaspoon each.

Stock cubes two Chicken. Boiling Kettle.

METHOD

In the stock pot add vegetables add stock cubes, herbs.  Let the  Chicken sit on vegetables.  Cover vegetables boiling water not half way.

I lay upside down Chicken  so breast and legs touching heat first.  Cover.

On a boil to a simmer for two hours. Check then turn over and do other side.  Couple more hours or just double check leg juices should run clear.  Come away from flesh.

From this when cooled down slightly.  Make three recipes.

CHICKEN RAGU.

You will need blender, bowl, saucepans.  Sieve and colander. Portion of leg meat diced up .  Portion of poaching liquid.

Could use any shapes you wish to.

Portion of poaching liquid blender. Blitz up.  Sieve into a bowl. For a smoother sauce.

To a saucepan add sauce blended, sieved  with any diced or shredded leg meat.  Cover and let it simmer.

Pasta salted water handful per person.  Bring to boil simmer.  As Pasta Instructions packet.

Drain into Colander sink to Saucepan for sauce warm through.

Serve.

CURRIED CHICKEN WITH POTATO SALAD

You need any Chicken Breast from poaching shredded or diced.

Cooked Potatoes I buy Potatoes baby ones pre cook them cool them down use them in a host of recipes. Stores in the fridge.

Mayonnaise 1 tbsp.  One quarter tsp of Curry Powder or make your own.

Mango Chutney 1tbsp 

Into a bowl mix.  Add shredded Chicken and Potatoes mix together.  Serve.

CHICKEN CURRY NOODLES

Rest of Chicken, diced up shredded. Curry powder or make your own 1tbsp.  Onions diced sliced. Stock blitzed up and sieved as previous recipe.  For Ragu.

One saucepan.

Noodles to wok

Make Curry sauce add to  a saucepan onions vegetable oil with 1tbsp of Curry powder plus enough poaching stock to cover.

Add in Chicken diced and shredded mix in.

Cover bring to boil and simmer. 10 minutes adjust timings. Add last minute noodles to wok pack.  I used one for me. Pack contains two lots of noodles individually wrapped in cellophane..

Mix in and warm through.  Serve make sure piping hot.

That is three recipes plus any poaching liquid left use for stock.  Even Soup.

Bueno Appetito.

@thespiceman
Community Champion
SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
Recipes

Comments

• debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you. Just wondered do you make either chicken gijons or chicken satay sticks please? My son loves them but they are over priced.
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Just saying hi to @thespiceman and @debbiedo49,
    great chicken dishes  :)
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @susan48
    nice to hear from you I’ve not been here much x
  • Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    Recipes are always welcome ....Any recipes ( tips) for making my own bread ?
  • thespiceman
    Hello  @Seanchai apologise late reply.  I do not do bread unfortunately but why do you speak to supermarkets TESCO or ASDA bakers sure to help and advise.

Have this one for flat bread store cupboard standby.

In a food processor three heaped tablespoons of self raising flour same with Natural Yoghurt.

Whizz come together with a ball. Spread out and oil   Just a touch . Add to grill pan. Sear.  Give a few minutes on either side.

With this can play around add garlic or sundried tomatoes.

Best wishes.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Seanchai
    Thanks Spiceman...I will give it a try , I tried making nan bread( I love nanbrear from our local takeaway....I tried to copy it but no sucess at all someone told me that I would need a clay oven to get the best nan bread . ??
  • thespiceman

Hello @Seanchai I forgot o mention have a look on line for recipes.

B.B.C Food may be useful.

Also look out as if and when any baking programme make notes if that helps.

I knew a chef used to watch Ready Steady Cook for ideas and inspirations.

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Seanchai
    Thanks Spiceman....as you say , its inspiration i need and i will have a go at most things ....badly ?
  • Orda
    Orda Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hello everyone. I love to cook easy and tasty recipe and I have one easy chicken recipe- boil chicken breast. I always add a lot of spice and I eat chicken breast with rice or sometimes with fry potato. I take recipe how to boil chicken breast here https://club.cooking/recipe/how-to-boil-chicken-breast/
  • thespiceman
    Hello @Orda   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for sharing and joining our community.

I am one of the community champions.  Of the forum. We help and guide, advise new members who join the forum.

Please have a look around our website. We are friendly, care and share.

Happy to share any recipes.  Have plenty around the forum if you care to look.

I do poach my Chicken all the time.  I make Chicken Soup from scratch.

Poach a large Chicken in a stockpot with Soup veg like Onions, Carrots, Celery the leaves as well plus some Leeks.

Water and stock usually Chicken granules.  A pint each .  With Bay leaf and Thyme.

Use the veg as Soup with shredded Chicken add in some beans any tinned pulse and Pasta.

Wish you well.

Take care.

@thespiceman  
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Simbaaaa
    Simbaaaa Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hello everyone. Do you love to eat chicken? Me too. Also I love to eat chicken with boil potato and I always add a lot of spice and vegetables. I took recipe how long to boil potatoes here https://club.cooking/articles/how-long-to-boil-potato/
  • Laurar7
    Laurar7 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    I love chicken and boiling it is one of my favorite ways to make this chicken recipe. The main reason boiling is my preferred method is the chicken isn't dry so you get that succulent taste. The recipe I used was this one but there are so many good recipes online - https://recipefairy.com/how-to-boil-chicken-breast/ 
  • dottiek
    dottiek Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    I have my own recipe for chicken noodle soup which is delicious and very filling
    Add grated carrots and chopped leeks to a pan of water and stock cubes.Bring to the boil then simmer.I add a couple of chicken thighs while the soup is cooking.Add a couple of handfuls of long grain rice and a packet of super noodles and the sachet of seasoning that comes with the noodles.
    Once the chicken has cooked remove from the pan remove bones and cut up to small pieces. Put chicken back into pan.Season with salt and add some chopped parsley.Serve with crusty bread and butter. You can make this soup without putting chicken into it.My kids and grandkids love this soup.I sometimes make it with chicken legs.Hope you enjoy it ☺
  • thespiceman
    Hello @dottiek Thank you for recipe much appreciated.

One for the recipe folder thank you.

You could if you so wish this is something I do.

Use Spaghetti broken up in a tea towel and Orzo..

Orzo is a Rice like Pasta useful no water add to pot.

Use Passata this comes in cartons or bottles . Sieved blitzed up Tomatoes, some like Napolina range are flavoured Garlic, Chill and Herbs.

Useful for Soup with a can Heinz Tomato Soup blender put it all in and use any herbs, dried be fine or fresh.

Good to share ideas chef.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes

Brightness