Should I get SDP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Should I get SDP?

Lisa1985
Lisa1985 Community member Posts: 55 Connected
Could anyone tell please if i should get sdp I’m on universal credit 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,828 Scope online community team
    Hello @Lisa1985, there is no SDP on Universal Credit.
    Were you getting SDP when you applied for UC? If so, new legislation has recently been released and those that were already in receipt of SDP when they claimed UC will be receiving compensation for the money lost, but there's no SDP on UC for new claimants. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

I note from a previous thread that you were previously claiming ESA without disability premium as you were querying the SDP at that time, this was back in November 2018.

What was the reason you changed to UC and did you claim the SDP before you moved across?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lisa1985
    Lisa1985 Community member Posts: 55 Connected
    I had to go on up and no I wasn’t claiming sdp no 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2019
    Lisa1985 said:
    I had to go on up and no I wasn’t claiming sdp no 
    There's no disability premiums payable on Universal Credit.

As you weren't claiming any SDP when you were claiming ESA then unfortunately you won't be one of the ones that's owed backdated money and no compensation will be paid to you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.