Hello — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello

denny24
denny24 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
hi to you all I joined today not sure why to be honest an don’t know what im looking for either.i have many disabilities and at this moment in my life I feel I have no quality of life.how do you deal with it I’m running out of steam.sorry to sound morbid but I am
interested  in how people are coping cus my skills are not working x

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @denny24 welcome to the community! Sorry to hear you are struggling, it is a long and daunting process when coming to terms with your disabilities and illnesses. Have you received any emotional support at all?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @denny24   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to hear that your experiencing problems and issues around your disabilities.

I am one of the team of community champions.  We guide, advise and help new members who join the community.

Please can I add adapting and dealing with disability is never easy and it is how you cope and deal with that.

I was born with my disability and some days do struggle have issues and problems. To give you some reassurance it is finding answers to every day solutions.

Please may I suggest there are organisations, societies and associations dealing with every sort and type of disability.

We as community champions do have a list of those relevant . Can be useful and helpful speaking to some one like you in that organisation, society or association.

Please ask I can give anything there you might need.  Happy to help and find out for you.

Please let me know.

Also many members of our own community can identify what you are going through.

Offer what they can in forms of information, support, advice and guidance.

You mentioned do not know what you are looking for.  I think what is important right now. Is to find out what we can help you with.

You are not alone.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @denny24 and a warm welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear that. I hope the community can be here to offer support and advice. 

We have our coffee lounge which you might find is a good place to start!
    Scope

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @denny24

Welcome to our online community/family.

I am one of a number off Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Please please don’t worry about having any problems/concerns.

We are all here to help & support each other so please jump in!!!!!!!!!!

@steve51

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @denny24 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  I am sorry to hear of your struggles and can appreciate how difficult things are for you.  You have come to the right place so thank you for sharing with us.  You will find the Community a very supportive place and one of great friendship so we are happy to have you on board.  Please feel free to look around the SCOPE website and let us know if there is anything we can help you with at all.  We are all here to support you.  I hope you enjoy your time on the Community and look forward to seeing you around it.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Welcome to the community @denny24. I'm sorry to hear you're struggling at the moment, but I hope we can find a way to support you. There are many people in the same boat as you here, so please get involved and if you have anything specific you need advice with, just let us know!
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness