Pip due to end feb 2020 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip due to end feb 2020

anthonyj1
anthonyj1 Community member Posts: 115 Courageous
edited August 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone jyst joined your community and seems lots of helpful info so hoping u can help me. 
My pip is due to end 7rh feb 2020 can you please advise if they send a renewal form out and if so when? 
Thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If you were awarded by a Tribunal then you'll be contacted by DWP 14 weeks before the award ends.

If you were awarded by DWP then reviews times have now changed to 6 months before, rather than 1 year before like they used to be.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • anthonyj1
    Hi poppy it dont think it will be a review as i had a review last year (a year into my 2 year award) and they continued my claim to feb 2020. Will it be a renewal form then do you know? And I have not heard anything from them as yet? Other things ive read say they contact you approx 14 weeks before the claim is due to end. Do tou have any further advice please?
  • poppy123456
    Those that are contacted 14 weeks before are those that were awarded by a Tribunal.

You need to check your award letter and it will tell exactly when your award ends. Renewals depend on the length of your award. As you weren't awarded by a Tribunal then it will be a renewal, 6 months before the award ends.

When you're reviewed and a decision is made, if successful then you're always given a new award date, length and time.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • anthonyj1
    The decision letter says pip to stay rhe same until 7th feb 2020 but they will write to me after march 19 but have not heard anything yet!!!! Should i contact rhem?
  • anthonyj1
    And thanks for your help by the way
  • poppy123456
    You'll be sent the review forms 6 months before the award ends. Review times changed in January 2019 and they are now 6 months not 12 months before.

You can of course contact them, if it puts your mind at rest but the award letter does state after March 2019.
  • anthonyj1
    Thanks poppy, whats concerning me is 6 months before should have been last week 7th august so thougjt i would have received something from them.  As it is taking them a long time to complete assessments I want to avoid any gaps and/or problems a gap in pip would cause so think it better I contact them. 
    Thanks again for your help
  • poppy123456
    Then it's most likely on it's way as we "speak" give them a quick ring Monday when they open at 8 just to sure. Always happen to help.

When you do receive it, please make sure you put as much information about how your conditions affect you as possible. Ignore the short form and treat it as a new claim. Adding some real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies will also help. Evidence should be sent with the form to support your claim.

Good luck.
  • anthonyj1
    Thanks poppy, are you sure it will be another short form? As it was a short form last time. Also are you able change the appt if yoy are unable to attend? Thanks for your advice
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. Yes, review forms are always shorter. This is an example of what the form will look like. https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/756542/ar1-pip-award-review-how-your-disability-affects-you.pdf

You can change the appointment once. If a home assessment is needed you'll need a letter from your GP stating the reasons why you can't attend the assessment centre.

• anthonyj1
    Bur isnt the renewal form.the much longer form? The renewal form is what i'm expecting not the review
  • poppy123456
    Renewal/review are the same thing and its the form in the link above you'll receive not the PIP2 form.
  • anthonyj1
    Right ok, its most confusing this. Also ive developed a condition called vertigo since may 18, it can be a one off or can come back for no apparent reason and ive had at least 4 episodes of it since last may, currently waoting for appt dor further investigation, should i have let pip know or can i just explain that its a condition that came out of the blue and it can just stop occurring or people can just keep getting episodes of it? Everythings really worrying me 
  • poppy123456
    It's a worrying time for everyone going through renewals/reviews but it will be the form in the link above you'll receive.

For PIP the condition must affect you at least 50% of the time over a 12 month period, otherwise it's not taken into consideration.
  • anthonyj1
    Thank you poppy you are very informative. Is it ok to repost to you if have any more questions?.
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. Yes of course, any further questions please just ask and i'm sure someone will help. :)
  • anthonyj1
    Hi there just want to confirm that a face to face can be rearranged once without them stopping your claim
  • poppy123456
    Yes it can.
  • anthonyj1
    Thanks poppy xx
  • anthonyj1
    Hi there, i have just received my pip review/renewal form with only 3 weels to complete, as poppy advised it is the shorter form with not much room  to explain my difficulties which are severe anxiety, srvere clinical depression, insomnia, nervous wreck
     Any advice on how to explain the difficulties experienced. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.