Hi all new here my name is @ukssvictim — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi all new here my name is @ukssvictim

ukssvictim
ukssvictim Community member Posts: 8 Listener
hi don’t know where to start....I have fibromyalgia diabetes disc degeneration, and severe anxieties severe depression, all because of a corrupt system which severely abused me continuously, so I class it as domestic violence by state, I’ve had a major breakdown, tried taking my life a few weeks ago but, I didn’t have the guts to finish the job, so I’m now existing again, but I have positives which I thank god for every day my partner my dog and the knowledge that hopefully one day....I believe in karma

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @ukssvictim   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for sharing and joining. Sorry to hear this.  You come to the right place for support and most important of all friendship.

I am one of the team of community champions. We guide, advise and help members of our community.

Please can I ask are you receiving any help and support with your mental health issues.?

Please can I advise speaking to some one .  There are organisations and people whom you can talk to and get help with any underlying issues and problems.

I used mental health charities.  

This one.  https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

Get floating support or an outreach worker. Advise  and guidance on your wellbeing and health. 

Something to consider. Do take clientele with additional problems and disabilities related to their mental health.

Might not be in all areas.

You mentioned being and feeling positive. This good to hear.

I hope we can be supportive.  Always here to listen. Please ask if we can help with any thing.  Some one will know from our community or a member of our team.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • ukssvictim
    ukssvictim Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Thank you so much I’m apparently on a waiting list for 1-1 physcho therapy, but I haven’t a clue when that will start, I’ll be dead before I get to the top of a mental health list here in Wales! But no I don’t have any support of a support worker, my partner is very good with my physical disabilities and helps me practically but as he says he’s too close and too involved and passionate shall I say in what I’ve been through, and plus as he says he just doesn’t know how to help when it comes to MH. He tries so much but I guess it’s hard for a bloke to feel useless when he sees his partner so emotional that all he can do is give me a hug and hold me, but he’s very uptight when it comes to not being able to ‘make me better’ as he puts it. Anyway I will have a look at the link you kindly sent to me in your reply, and warm welcome. 

What can I say it can be very lonely even though you have people who care deeply for you but just can’t understand really how mental health is for me. 

Blessed be x ??
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Welcome to the community @ukssvictim. I'm sorry you've been going through such a rough patch, but I'm glad you're still here and able to talk to us. How are you doing today?
    Do you mind if I ask what sort of support you are getting with your mental health?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ukssvictim and a warm welcome to the community. Thank you for taking the time to share this with us all and I'm sorry it's been particularly difficult recently.

Is there anything we can do to help?
    Scope

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ukssvictim and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I'm sorry to hear of your struggles, but you have done the right thing in reaching out to us for support.  We are all here for you so please just ask if there is anything we can help you with at all.  Please keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ukssvictim

Good Evening it’s great to meet you!!!!!!

l am also a Community Champion on here.

Sorry to hear about your current situation/problems.

We have got some info/advice for you on here.

Please please let me know if that would be helpful & I will point you in the right direction?????

@steve51
  • paffuto10
    paffuto10 Community member Posts: 388 Pioneering
    Hi @ukssvictim

Are you still reading? I take it you mean social services? 

If it's any consolation, my family are also "victims of the state".
    It was horrendous for 3 years so I think I know how you feel. 

Please hold fast until your psychotherapy.
    If you feel up to it, try to come back on here for support.  <3

Brightness