Hello — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello

AlisonNetty
AlisonNetty Community member Posts: 192 Pioneering

Hi everyone.

My fibro has been playing up a lot of late... be going through some emotional stuff.

My beloved cat Honey had a problem with her back leg so I took her to the vet, they said she has an abscess. so I was given anti bi for it and she had to have some medicine to take for the swollen around the ankle.

Well, 4 weeks later they took an x-ray only to found she has snapped her tendon.  it had been too long to do anything about the ankle, I an cross with the vet for not spotting in in the first place because I had to have my baby put to sleep. My flame got worse over the last few days...

Now I have a man I've been talking to on Face book saying he's mad about me but stopped talking to me... what have I done this time??

I have problems going out, walking is painful.  I have a mobility walker but I keep finding a reason not to go out... feeling a little trapped by my own thoughts... anyhow, thanks for letting me wine here.

Have a good day all. Netty

Comments

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Netty, so sorry to hear you`ve lost your beloved pet. I would also be angry with that vet. I have a toy poodle, Sophie, she is my joy and cuddles. Sophie is 4..before her I had other poodles, who I have buried in my garden in a proper grave. It broke my heart when the time came to say goodbye.....best friends our pets are....we tell them stuff no-one else would understand.

That man on FB...he could be anyone, so dont take his words too seriously. Life can be tough.
    Take care
    pollyx
  • M_Anthony
    M_Anthony Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 309 Pioneering
    edited August 2019
    @AlisonNetty

Hi

I am sorry to hear about your cat, I have had previous cats as well that have had issues that became worse after going to the vet just like that. The important thing is that you loved them and gave them the best life you could.

The person you are speaking to you on Facebook sounds like he may not be serious, I would suggest to give it some more time and if he still doesn't reply, or can't explain why he is not talking to you maybe move on.

Are there any local support or community groups you can join for activities? If there are any interests you can take up I am sure it will help to take your mind off things and you can meet new friends.

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Oh gosh, I'm sorry about Honey, @AlisonNetty.

You sound like you've been going through a very rough patch lately and struggling with your health.

Had you been talking to the guy on Facebook for a while?

It can be hard to find a reason to go out sometimes. I think most of us can relate. What have you been doing to pass the time?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • AlisonNetty
    I pass my time either sleeping or playing on my laptop...My Honey kept me company... 
    Thank you, everyone, for your comments. I have known this man from FB for nearly 4 years... I thought I knew him, I guess I was wrong.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2019
    Hi @AlisonNetty, so lovely to hear from you.

I'm so sorry to hear things haven't been very easy at the moment, and I'm sorry about your cat, that cannot have been easy! I understand how close we can become to our pets and you have every right to be annoyed at the fact it was missed.

I hope your fibro starts to calm down soon, have you found anything that helps at all?

I understand that there can become a mental barrier, as well as a physical one, to leave the house. What are you doing to pass the time? I enjoy craft things and reading. :)

The community is always here if you need support, and I hope you have a lovely evening @AlisonNetty :)
    Scope

• AlisonNetty
    Thank you everyone.  Xx
  • Chloe_Scope
    How are you feeling today @AlisonNetty? :)
    Scope

• AlisonNetty
    I had a bad night Sunday. I was itching all night so didn't get any sleep. Been catching up the pass 2 days. 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @AlisonNetty, I'm so sorry to hear about Honey and can understand how upset you must be at losing her.  I have a cat, Christy, and would be devastated if something happened to her and can appreciate how angry you must be with the vet.  I'm sorry to hear also of your health struggles and about your friend on FB.  Do you enjoy reading or any other activity to keep you busy while at home?  I hope you are feeling ok today and your day hasn't been too bad.  We are all thinking of you and are here to support you.  So just give us a shout if you need to talk.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Sorry to hear that @AlisonNetty, I hope today will be kinder.
    Scope

• AlisonNetty
    I'm still in and trying to do some housework. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    I hope you are able to get bits done, we are here is you need anything. :)
    Scope

• AlisonNetty

Brightness