Do people find this site addictive? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do people find this site addictive?

Tobias
Tobias Posts: 46 Courageous
Just curious if people find themselves on here even when not necessarily searching for anything?

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Tobias and welcome to the community! We hope the community will be able to not only support people, but facilitate conversations about whatever the members are interested in. Even if this isn't about disability. :)
    Scope

• Tobias
    Hi @Tobias and welcome to the community! We hope the community will be able to not only support people, but facilitate conversations about whatever the members are interested in. Even if this isn't about disability. :)
    I thought thats what i was doing...lol
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Well I hope you're enjoying it. :)
    Scope

• exdvr
    exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering
    Hi @Tobias......I tend to check out the numerous emails that come through from Scope every day so yes it can become addictive.  Sometimes if the subject matter is interesting or relevant I will post a comment in reply.  Isn't that what it's all about?   Maybe the word addictive is a bit strong and habitual could be used instead...just a suggestion.

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I wouldn't say it's addictive, I don't get withdrawal symptoms if I don't visit the site, but it has become another of my daily forums to browse since joining. :)
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Tobias   I use this forum.  As my friend.  When your lonely and isolated have no one to talk to for weeks maybe months outside.

Out last week in the taxi still get the anxiety shakes and more. After not being out for three months.

So this is my friends. Meet every day talk to those who I care for and have time for.

Some I class as family a community. On a daily basis. To many like myself a lifeline a lot of support those who are struggling. Mentally and physically my time is giving them some salvation.

Been on here two years last month and much more like every day so appreciated to every one.

Many of the Team I regard as the people I can rely on to give me any guidance and friendly kind word does help.

I am one of the community champions on the forum so appreciate the responses. A gentleman like myself needs a little guidance a helping hand if he needs some one to talk to about any thing.

Inspiration a lift helps with the moods.

Hope that helps your question.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Tobias
    Hello @Tobias   I use this forum.  As my friend.  When your lonely and isolated have no one to talk to for weeks maybe months outside.

Out last week in the taxi still get the anxiety shakes and more. After not being out for three months.

So this is my friends. Meet every day talk to those who I care for and have time for.

Some I class as family a community. On a daily basis. To many like myself a lifeline a lot of support those who are struggling. Mentally and physically my time is giving them some salvation.

Been on here two years last month and much more like every day so appreciated to every one.

Many of the Team I regard as the people I can rely on to give me any guidance and friendly kind word does help.

I am one of the community champions on the forum so appreciate the responses. A gentleman like myself needs a little guidance a helping hand if he needs some one to talk to about any thing.

Inspiration a lift helps with the moods.

Hope that helps your question.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Perfectly ? you convey as well as you probably cook ?? many thanks for the reply.
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    As a newbie hereabouts, I look forward to a private message from my new friend...also I look forward to answers to any threads I`ve started and to others.
    Yeh, I`m addicted!

Got too much time on my hands most days, so I need folk to chat to. That`s you! x
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    I am addicted. I visit often to answer posts and offer support. On vacation now so I am busy doing other things. 
  • GettinOlde
    GettinOlde Community member Posts: 495 Pioneering
    Addictive? Bwa Ha Ha. o:)
    Resident joker - not to be taken too seriously ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Tobias

The UK is to hand over £98m to India despite the country - which has spent almost the same on a lunar probe - now giving out more foreign aid than it receives.

As part of the UK's aid budget, the Department for International Development (DfID) will give £52m this year and a further £46m in 2019/20.

It comes despite India spending £95.4m on the lunar probe, Chandrayaan-2, which is set to launch in January.

Maybe why the DWP wants to hold its £££ back.

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Not going to lie but yes, I'm addicted! When my notifications stopped working, I was having bad withdrawal symptoms! ?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • GettinOlde
    GettinOlde Community member Posts: 495 Pioneering
    Ami2301 said:
    Not going to lie but yes, I'm addicted! When my notifications stopped working, I was having bad withdrawal symptoms! ?
    Simples - don't rely on notifications, they will be your downfall. My first port of call is the Coffe Lounge to see what's happening. ☕ <--<< cup of coffee ?

Resident joker - not to be taken too seriously ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Ami2301 said:
    Simples - don't rely on notifications, they will be your downfall. My first port of call is the Coffe Lounge to see what's happening. ☕ <--<< cup of coffee ?

My notifications are set to notify me of 90% of posts so it's a bit difficult to stick to just one messaged board!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Ami2301 said:

I come to coffee lounge first too

Brightness