Am I Entitled to LCWRA Back Payments? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Am I Entitled to LCWRA Back Payments?

andy0
andy0 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited August 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi,

A bit of background first: I made my original claim for Universal Credit in September 2018 (last year) and handed in my doctor's note at my first face to face (17/09/2018). I was awarded Universal Credit with the first payment due on 20/10/2018. I was then sent form (U50, I think, the one where I explained my condition) which I filled in and returned. I finally had my assessment on 22/03/2019 and I was awarded LCWRA status, the first payment of which (after the mandatory 91 day period) is due 20/08/2019. This is fine, I've received notification in my journal that additional payment is due.

So, my question is this: Am I entitled to any kind of back payment (I have read that I should be entitled to LCWRA money from third month after I handed in my first sick note)?; when is that backdated to?; how long should I expect to wait for any payment to be made?; and, finally, do I need to do anything to claim?

Sorry this is a bit convoluted. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

LCWRA element will be backdated to the 4th month of your claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • andy0
    andy0 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi Poppy123456.

Thanks for answering, that's great news. At least that's one less thing I have to worry abour  :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @andy0 and welcome to the community. :)
    I'm glad Poppy was able to help you with this. Fingers crossed you receive your back payment quickly. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.