Hello everyone — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello everyone

regularirregular
regularirregular Community member Posts: 9 Connected
Hello everybody,
I'm new here and I'm joining the forum after I stopped working as a functional assessor for ESA and UC assessments for years and after witnessing all the issues the current company (CHDA) has in regards to quality, transparency and honesty.
I am here to pretty much set the record straight so I am open to any questions and will try to answer all, obviously, with some privacy concerns.
Depending on my availability timewise, I will try to give advice to other members in regards to their assessments as well.
Take care...

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @regularirregular and welcome to the community! Wow, thank you so much, that's very kind of you to do this to help those on the community. I'm sure they will greatly appreciate all of your help but please do not feel you have to answer every question in one go, take your time and like I say, we greatly appreciate your kindness :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • regularirregular
    I know that there are many thoughts about Atos and CHDA, most of which are negative, not just in this community but in general public as well.
    While I do not agree with a way that assessments are done, I can also see a lot of misconceptions about the whole assessment process so I would like to address both during my time here.
    I can't really comment on legal side of things of disability benefits, as in deductions, waiting times, penalties and such, I can certainly give straightforward and honest answers about the work that ESA/UC assessment company does.
    And in regards to advice when attending assessments, I am happy to help the individuals but I'm not sure how that would work if they would have to discuss their illnesses in a public forum. It would probably be more beneficial to advise on what the most important points are when attending an assessment.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    When a member of our community team is on site tomorrow, I'm sure they will get in touch with you and work with you to find a way that's both beneficial to you and our community members :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @regularirregular and a very warm welcome to the community! Thank you for taking the time to join and I'm sure your insight will be invaluable to our members!

We have boards on Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) and Universal Credit which you may find useful.

If there is anything we can assist with then please do let us know. :)
    Scope

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @regularirregular   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Thank you for supporting the many people need help, some guidance as well some general advice.

On anything assessments. Very much appreciated by myself and I am sure the community.

I am one of the  team of community champions who guide, advise and help new members who join the forum and community.

Please if I can help with anything. Please get in touch.

Happy to be supportive.

Take care .

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • regularirregular
    Thank you for your warm welcome.
    I will try and answer some general questions in ESA/UC forums.
    If any of you require some clarification in how WCA work from the inside, do let me know.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @regularirregular

Welcome my friend it’s great to meet  you today.

I’m another Community Champion here at Scope.

“Wow” it’s great to have you onboard.

Yes we do have some issues from “time to time” 

These can require some clarification so having you around will be “priceless”

I do hope that this is okay????

@steve51
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited August 2019
    Welcome to the community @regularirregular. I'm sure your insights will be fantastic. Great to have you with us. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • regularirregular
    Certainly @steve51.
    As I don't have too much time to go through all the posts that I might be able to reply to, feel free to point out some specific ones where I can be of help.
    Cheers.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @regularirregular

Many thanks my friend - yes when I come across any I will forward onto you if that is okay??????

@steve51
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @regularirregular and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and have you on board.  So kind of you to give up your time to help out and I'm sure many of our members will benefit from this, so thank you.  I look forward to seeing you on the Community and to reading your posts.  All the best.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @regularirregular :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.