Hi — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi

Options
Nola
Nola Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I’m struggling with a lot of things that I can’t see how I’m gonna find the energy or continue to be treated by my doctors , my council, the benefit system failed so bad when I suffered mental breakdown after working all my life that instead of getting well things have gone so much worse that the damage has affected me for the rest of my life.  I just want to get well and return to work be a good role modelfor my children I haven’t been able to hide it all & I can’t live with the fear that I can’t show a positive outcome to them & show them everyone can find a way to be happy with whatever life has dealt us with It’s a battle I have been fighting so long I am not even sure what to say. Anxiety stopped me remembering what I trying to say also thank you for listening 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Nola
    Welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear you have had such a tough time. Mental health challenges are complex and can be so difficult to understand, not just for the person going through it but for the people around them.

Being a good role model for your kids can look like many different things, I personally think that having the strength to live with anxiety and get through each day is showing a really good role model.

I'm glad you have joined us here on the community, this is a safe and supportive space and I hope you feel a tiny bit better by chatting to us and realising that you aren't alone.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • michael1
    michael1 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Hi Nola,
    I un derstand how yoooou feel, although my dilemma isn't as bad as yours I know at first everything looks to be impossible to sort out.I was a carer and looked after people with severe cerible pausey. one day about 8 years ago I got up for work / I barly managed to stay standing / in the end had to resign from job I loved / im now in a wheelchair and have some of the ailments similar to ceribal pausey.

Like youj initialy everything is too much to handle, but things have a habit of sorting things out. Just give it time and im sure that you wil get there in the end.

Brightness