Changes in benefits while waiting for pip tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Changes in benefits while waiting for pip tribunal

andreaCarer
andreaCarer Community member Posts: 5 Listener
My 16 year old daughter is going to tribunal regarding her pip assesment .  She was on dla .. then had her pip assesment and scored 0 , we are now waiting for a date to go and give our evidence..  in the mean time  we have lost  the dla  for my daughter we have lost carers allowance and we have been put on universal credit which now I'm being told I come under the benifit cap so I loose a further 145 a month ..   I thought any underlying benifit  for carers  ment you didn't come under the benifit cap.  Can anyone assist me pls. 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    Hello @andreaCarer and welcome to the community. :)

Does anyone else in your household receive any disability benefits or Carer's Allowance? Just trying to think of other ways you may be exempt from the cap while your daughter awaits her tribunal. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • andreaCarer
    andreaCarer Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Thanks for clearing that up ..   at least we get it back if successful.   Claiming Universal credit for my family has been a real struggle , I have 3 kids and live with my partner  in total for me and my partner get 498 a month , which 145 is deducted for the benifit cap and 200 a month for the advance I had to take out for the 5 week wait..  that leaves me and my partner  with £ 75 each a month to live on .  It's realy unfair having to get into debt just to claim a benifit..  

Brightness