Severe disability premium - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Severe disability premium

2»

Comments

• paul93
    paul93 Community member Posts: 69 Connected
    Hart86
    Big thanks to you
    Thanks again
    Paul93
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    Hart86 said:
    Thanks @poppy123456 you beat me to it! 
    @paul93, don’t be put off by the name, they don’t just help people with children they’re absolutely brilliant with policy and helping people generally. They’ll know exactly what you should do ❤️
    Thanks. I agree with you here. I very often refer and quote alot of CPAG to people here.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jacksaaa
    jacksaaa Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    I’ve gotten my backpay I got it at £120 a month from October last year letter says next 3 working days, I’m just wondering if that was the correct amount 
  • poppy123456
    jacksaaa said:
    I’ve gotten my backpay I got it at £120 a month from October last year letter says next 3 working days, I’m just wondering if that was the correct amount 
    I just answered your question on the other thread. It gets confusing when you ask the same question over multiple threads.

If you're claiming LCWRA element in with your UC then at the moment DWP are only paying £120 per month for the loss of SDP single rate.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • jacksaaa
    It’s says on my journal I get limited capabilities for work £126.11 so am I in lcwra? Sorry poppy 
  • poppy123456
    That's LCW and not LCWRA. This means you should receive £285 extra and not £120.

See link and scroll down to schedule 2

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Just for ease, I'm copying the info over from the link Poppy shared:

The transitional SDP amount, calculated by reference to the date of the determination, is—

(a)in the case of a single claimant—

(i)£120, if the LCWRA element is included in the award, or

(ii)£285, if the LCWRA element is not included in the award;

(b)in the case of joint claimants—

(i)£405, if the higher SDP rate was payable and no person has since become a carer for either of them,

(ii)£120, if paragraph (i) does not apply and the LCWRA element is included in the award in respect of either of them, or

(iii)£285, if paragraph (i) does not apply and the LCWRA element is not included in the award in respect of either of them.

Community Manager
    Scope
  • jacksaaa
    That means they have underpaid me I known I had been thanks so much I will ring today at lunch thanks they have already sent the money I haven’t got it yet 
  • jacksaaa
    Hopefully they just sent the difference and don’t cancel the money they have already sent 
  • paul93
    Dear poppy123456
    Your Universal Credit claim Work capability assessment decision 19 June 2019 Dear Pritpal, ✁✂✄✁ ☎✁✆✝☎✁☎ ✞✟✠✞ ✡☛☞ ✟✠✄✁ limited capability for work and work-related activity✌ ✍✟✝✎ ✏✁✠✑✎ ✒✁ ✒☛✑✂✞ ✠✎✓ ✡☛☞ ✞☛ ✎✁✠✔✆✟ ☛✔ prepare for work. ✍✟✝✎ ☎✁✆✝✎✝☛✑ ✏✁✠✑✎ ✡☛☞✂✕✕ ✖✁✞ ✁✗✞✔✠ ✏☛✑✁✡ ✘✁✆✠☞✎✁ ☛✙ ✡☛☞✔ ☎✝✎✠✘✝✕✝✞✡✚ ✝✕✕✑✁✎✎ ☛✔ ✟✁✠✕✞✟ ✆☛✑☎✝✞✝☛✑✌ ✛☛☞✂✕✕ ✖✁✞ ✠✑ ✁✗✞✔✠ ✜336.20 per month as part of your Universal Credit award.
  • user101
    user101 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    @jacksaaa well done on getting something back I am still waiting since last September. Was you ringing them daily for updates? I havent rang them in a  while on hold now trying to find out when I can get my payback as you moved onto universal credit after me! 
  • jacksaaa
    Just got off the phone they think thy have made a mistake and are looking Into it I have called once or twice since they said they will pay people the backpay 
  • paul93
    Dear Hart86
    I did contacted CPAG through some advice service because CPAG does not give advice to people but only to organisations so this is the reply i got so please help me what to do next.
     There is an argument that your should be able to come off UC and reclaim income related ESA. It was explained in a recent article in ourWelfare Rights Bulletin which you can access here (see specifically the section on ‘What if the SDP is awarded retrospectively?):  https://cpag.org.uk/welfare-rights/resources/article/sdp-gateway It can be pursued by requesting a revision of the decision to terminate the ESA as a result of the claim for UC on 7 February (as opposed to the earlier decision to terminate ESA from 6 February due to the failure to attend the WCA medical) – see the last section of the article under the head ‘More generally’).  Note, however, that the DWP may not accept the argument at all, or without lengthy advocacy and delays, and moving from UC back to ESA may disrupt your client’s benefit payments. You can read more about the views and experiences of other advisers in this Rightsnet discussion forum:https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/13872/P75 Assuming that your client is a single claimant who was entitled to the SDP and enhanced disability premium with his ESA, he would be worse off on UC, even with the LCWRA element. If he stays on UC he should be entitled to compensation in the form of a transitional addition of £120 per month in accordance with schedule 2 of the UC (Transitional Provisions) Regulations 2014, which was introduced on 24 July by regulation 3 of SI 2019 / 1152 which you can access here:  http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2019/1152/made This would still leave him worse off on UC, however, and it is also arguable that the regulations are unlawful in this regard. Leigh Day solicitors are accepting case referrals for group claims against the inadequacy of the compensation scheme. For more details see: https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/14193/

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.