Fibromyalgia - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fibromyalgia

Comments

• deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    Hi Chloe_Scope. I am hoping to have the shop up and running by the end of next month.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    That's exciting! Please do let us know how you get on!
    Scope

• deb74
    Chloe_scope Pain decided to come back today. Had to use my crutches for a while until I go going. Had horrible night last night. Still awake 2 hours after I went to bed (no surprise there) every time I rolled over I was in agony and my legs were really painful. it feels like someone is trying to pull my legs off every time I try and put one foot in front of the other. I have read loads of stuff saying that fibro is non progressive but have any of the people who wrote that stuff every lived with it. it is definatley progressing for me! Sorry for the moan. As for my craft work I am looking at buying a loom so I can make rugs. Already got a small loom but it is not big enough to make rugs. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    You're not moaning at all @deb74! We are always here if you want to talk. I'm so sorry you had such a bad night, I imagine you are feeling very tired this morning! 

I hope you can have a relaxing day today, and maybe catch up on some sleep. :)

A loom sounds amazing! I have a friend who has one, and she is making a blanket with hers. You'll have to let us know how you find it.
    Scope

• Toffee
    Toffee Community member Posts: 251 Pioneering
    Hi all i to suffer bad big hugs to you all with this horrid condition 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Good morning @Toffee! How are you feeling today?
    Scope

• deb74
    The loom isn't a proper weaving loom it is a peg loom. They are easier to use and take up much less room. I live in a small cottage so wouldn't have room for a proper weaving loom but I will be weaving rugs with old sheets and bed covers that I have bought from charity shops. The one I have already got is ok to weave door mats and runners.If I feel better tomorrow I will have a go at weaving a door mat. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Ah! Yes, that's the same as my friends! She loves it!

I hope you are feeling up to it tomorrow, I'm sure it'll be great. :)
    Scope

• ricky1040
    ricky1040 Community member Posts: 121 Pioneering
    Hey. Well in my experience it's very very unpredictable. All you can do is try and make sure you are doing all the right things to limit your suffering and improve your quality of life. Try eat good take vitamins do whatever exercise u can reasonably cope with and enjoy the good times. I have gone through a real transformation since I stopped the heavy painkillers and started physio and healthier living. But it's not a dead set thing. Its trial and error. Am sure the medicines work for some. Good luck I hope u get some quality of life with it. You only live once after all.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Some very good advice there @ricky1040, thank you. :)

I think it all can really be a balancing act, but it sounds like you have a strong foundation which will really help!
    Scope

• Toffee
    Good afternoon chloe very very tired no engery at all how are you xx
  • Chloe_Scope
    Good afternoon @Toffee! I'm struggling with energy today as well, luckily I'm feeling a bit better than I did this morning!

How do you occupy yourself when you have low energy levels?
    Scope

• deb74
    Chloe_Scope. Feeling a bit wobbly this morning.woke up with a massive headache but it has gone now. Also feel a bit stiff but I am sure it will all wear off soon. I have just ordered my new loom and can't wait for it to arrive! Also I am expecting my soldering iron to arrive today so I will be spending the next couple of days playing with that until my loom arrives.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hope you feel a bit better for the rest of the day @deb74 and let us know how you get on with the soldering iron. Do you have any projects in mind for your new tool? :smiley:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • deb74
    Hi Adrian-scope I feel a bit better now thanks.. I have several projects I want do I make wreaths using fabric rags but I am hoping to make some using a plastic mesh called deco mesh but it frays as soon as you cut it which is why I wanted the soldering iron so I can melt the ends of the mesh to stop it fraying. I also want to make jewellery with plastic from bottles but I will need to melt it to make the jewellery. I may also play at making wire sculptures. My imagination tends to run away with me sometimes!
  • deb74
    A bit disappointed my soldering iron hasn't arrived, Hopefully it will be here tomorrow
  • Toffee
    Hi chloe 
    My bed always wins I can't keep awake I have to have a cap nap to recharge myself its awful.. I feel lazy but I can't help it x
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Sounds like you’ve got a lot planned @deb74. Make sure to share your creations with us when you’re finished. :) Hope it arrives today!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • deb74
    Hi  Adrian_Scope.I am really looking forward to using the soldering iron. I have just spoken to the person I have am getting the loom from and hopefully I will get that sometime next week. I will try to share some photos with you but I am not very atgood with things like that. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Morning @deb74, I hope you are feeling okay today. :)

It sounds like you've got some really interesting projects on the go! The wreaths sound really good. :)

Hi @Toffee, sometimes we all need that extra bit of rest! I hope you are feeling okay this morning.
    Scope

Brightness