long term unemployed through illness - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

long term unemployed through illness

Comments

• zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    it's life, if we were all meant to be fit and able and millionaires then so be it, but would life be any better?

life's about struggle, sometimes you float and the next time you sink, it's what makes life somewhat interesting in my older age, while i laugh about it some days, yes you could cry the next, but always in the back of my mind, i read someone worse off, so again i pick myself up and keep trying as it could be a lot worse, i'm alive, yes maybe poorer than i was before when i was getting some help, but i'm alive, i'm breathing and won't go down and sink to the DWP levels either, i'm honest and always have been, they have been in the past, and now are at times, somewhat dishonest, if they can live with that and sleep well like the nurse who i've taken out a private prosecution with the NMC, i'm fine, in the end i'll survive, one way or another, but i'll never sink to there levels or alter being myself.

just because the world stinks at times, doesn't mean i'll be down and in the end will come out of smelling of roses either with a job or something else, either way it's life and in the end what goes around comes around, karma, has a way of sorting out the good from the bad in the end,. no matter how long it takes, if you stick at it, something always turns around 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    That's a really great attitude to have @zakblood! Have you got any other interviews lined up?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • zakblood
    i'm sending off jobs atm at around 1 to 3 a day, have my main summer holidays after girlfriends sons wedding so will be awol for 2 weeks, still sending off while away, but atm nothing has a end date of before the end of the month, so not atm, which is good for my hols, but not so good if i want to reach my xmas target of getting a job before the tribunal date comes, which should be around June to July maybe next year lol
  • Adrian_Scope
    Well it sounds like you're doing great. Something will come up eventually!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    It sounds like you're being really productive. We'll keep our fingers crossed for you @zakblood, you're doing great! :)
    Scope

• zakblood
    edited August 2019
    thanks both of you, was at my girlfriends sons wedding yesterday and got a phone call, and yes it was on mute and to emails, all saying the 3 i had gone for i hadn't been successful in,

"Many thanks for your recent application for Head of Maintenance - Care Home within Barchester Healthcare.

After careful consideration, we regret to advise you that you have not been selected for interview on this occasion. It has been a difficult decision however, we have had a number of applicants who more closely match our requirements for this position.

Due to the number of applications received, we are not able to give feedback.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the interest that you have shown in Barchester Healthcare and wish you every success in your future career.

Kind Regards"

"Thank you for your application for the above position.

We have given your application careful consideration and on this occasion you have not been successful.

We hope you will not be deterred from applying for any other vacancies in the future.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the interest you have shown.

Yours sincerely,"

so 2 emails and a phone call, it's all feedback all the same, generally imo the jobs already gone, or someone with more resent and better experience has already applied or been offered the job, which is good for them, not so for me, but that's life, it's never what you know, it's who you know, so again i pick myself up and carry on regardless, in the end i'll up being useful for somebody, as somebody will say i'm worth the chance, but with so many out of work on in work and wishing for a change already trying, it's somewhat harder for those like me with no work experience from the last 20 years and also a resent back injury, so don't blame them either, i always knew it was going to be hard, how hard is something i'll find out once i've done a 100 tries, then a 1000 and then will maybe look at it another way, but for now, it's all positive as tbh there's no other options, to go down the training route again at my age is for me rather pointless and tbh if i get another qualification and no experience, what would it matter in the end, the world is full of those with degree's with no life experience already working on the tills at supper markets, fat lot it did them, if you get lucky your fine, if you don't, pick yourself up and try again, lower your expectations and keep on regardless, as i go for the lowest and easiest with the least expectations i'm not so sure i can try any lower, but will try in a few more months if keep getting rejected, but won't alter the honest approach of first mentioning my past illness or the length of time i had it, and then be positive and also comment on what i had done and achieved, honest to a fault, but 52 years and that's not going to change, no matter how much or how often the DWP wants it, then can lie and change the goal posts as much as they wish, won't alter the fact that i'm a tree who bends in the wind, but doesn't break.

• Adrian_Scope
    Thanks for keeping us updated @zakblood. How was the wedding?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • zakblood
    wedding was great, grooms mum will ill all day and didn't know if she was going to be there and missed the sit down meal part, but did the morning and evening, so all in all, went well, just back off hols ourselves same as the new bride and groom, different places mind you lol, and thanks for asking
  • Adrian_Scope
    Did you go anywhere nice @zakblood?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • zakblood
    my family own a van on the east coast, so go there as many time as we can, it's in the middle of nowhere and is really quite and peaceful and loved it thanks, just phoned up the physio people and made my first appointment, so now have that ongoing for the next 2 to 3 years, so hopefully by the time i find a job, should be fit and able to do it, as so far everything been a fail, but had more than a few interviews, but as always there's either younger and fitter people or with more recent experience, so may take a while longer.

still can't understand why it's taken so long to be told there's not a bone issue any more, from scan to be told personally it's taken 5 years, seems someone wasn't on the ball, if i'd started physio back after i had it, 2014, i would or should have been perfectly fit and well now, seems no one bothered to tell me, or my Doctor / GP

seems still in the NHS the left hand doesn't always know what the right hand is doing, kind of like the DWP tbh, useless at times, or over worked, depending on how you feel and how it affects you etc.

still gathering evidence for my ongoing Tribunal, with replies so far on stage 2 / Tier 2 investigation into procedural errors by the Center for Health and Disability Assessment and by the Nurse from ongoing by the NMC Nursing and Midwifery Council & also the DWP Ombudsman as followed up by my Local MP.

• Chloe_Scope
    That sounds lovely @zakblood, such a peaceful place!

I hope the physio helps, have you had some before? I can completely see why you'd be frustrated if this has been going on for so long.

Do you have any plans for the weekend? It sounds like it's been pretty full on recently. :)
    Scope

• zakblood
    i've just had a stage 2 tier 2 reply from the Center for Health and Disability Assessment, so paper work it seems over the bank holiday weekend, which is fine, as never do much when everyone else is off anyway and plan to work around everyone else, so it's empty when i go out etc, just had my 2 weeks hols, so now plan on doing some draft Tribunal work, then job hunting as per normal for me atm, trying to apply for 4 or 5 jobs a week, and as anything goes, as anything is better than nothing or the £72 PW the government says i can afford to live on, anything will or should be better, so may end up cleaning or caring, either way it's a job and suitable for someone like me, who hasn't done a thing in 20 odd years other than voluntary work, so looking forward to what ever happens, been to Physio before, although 12 to 15 years ago, was rather useless at the time, and did little to help, so hoping for some progress but not holding my breath either, as while no one told me for 5 years i needed it, and also they assess you one week, then never phone or write for 2 months, then all of a sudden contact you, seems either a place has come up, or i'd rolled the dice and got lucky.

my letter today from the 
    Center for Health and Disability Assessment was interesting, they say they have found the 3 letters / notes on my 3 previous forms where i asked for it to be recorded, my interview for assessment, and while they can only say sorry for the 3 letters, notes posted on the official forms and 2 verbal requests on the day, like everything so far, they have no notes from either the assessor or the test center on the day so can do nothing now about it, which is par for the coarse, so being told it would effect or could affect my claim and not going on with it, and having no one write it done on the actual and factual lol none factual report means little, so a whitewash in everything other than plain speak.

seems they can call me a women on one page, a man on the next, complain in writing i gave them no medical table data then go on and copy the list i did give wrongly and still say errors on the factual report mean nothing.

so after i know have been told all 9 errors are proven and there sorry for, they won't over turn still the nurses findings, even those she made up, as she confused me with someone else while doing the report and wrote about family issue, while i had none and never had lol.

seems Tribunal will have a laugh if nothing else, seems i was a end of day, long day type of assessment when the examiner had already had enough and i paid and still do pay the price.

and yes no where better anywhere along the east coast, would love the money to be able to move and live there, as always feel better, the air's cleaner, the weathers better, not so damp etc and tbh the sea air does you good, but can't see the DWP letting anyone go anywhere which improves you without taking something else away, mind you now, i get nothing, so careless either, but look forward to waving them goodbye any time soon, as planning on finding and being in work before the Tribunal and may just attend for a laugh, as done one before many years ago, and always found them enjoyable, as they can read, listen and write notes without altering the facts, plain and simple 
  • zakblood
    got another interview next week, and this one is sounding a lot more promising, my questions are?

i'm in Tribunal waiting for a date  atm and also my money to be returned since April from the DWP, had the letter stating it will take X number of weeks, but same as everyone, there back dating it to the day i was kicked off, eg failed a faulty Medical.

so my question is, if i get offered a job in the next couple of weeks, as this one in September seems really like i'm first in the Que from the emails and telephone exchanges i've had with the company owners etc,

do i have to payback any money back dated to me, not that i've had any of yet either?

and second if i get the job. i've done the math's,

me and my partner will loose tax credits, my £72 a week and her £64 a week and it also seems like we will loose out council tax help, as i maybe earning more than the minimum, don't get help with health costs, lost that years ago but as we already pay £80 a month, the total amount extra is not massive, but doing the math's after tax we will be lucky if were £ better off.

so in the end, is it worth it?

well the answer is rather a mute point, as not having to deal with the DWP again, or the medicals which so far in 5 times done, 3 have been very good and honest people and twice now i've had someone lie, alter data and also make false claims on a so called factual report and then put there names and reputation on the line, which must be really low as it seems when there found to be wrong, nothing happens what so ever so is a rather pointless exercise in proven them wrong and guilty, all been proven now and had the letters from the test center to prove it, the previous tribunal results all saying the same thing.

so in the end, if i get the job and end up working full time, being no better off, being away from all this in the end will be for me, well worth it, so will also go to the tribunal and make my case, have my pound of flesh and say what's on my mind then see how that goes.

so fingers cross i get the job, as i never ever wish to be put through what everyone here gets done to them each and every 4 years, jumping through hoops and all they do is move the goal posts each year a bit wider so more and more fall through the cracks, making it harder and harder, just to be mean, tight and say there putting more back into work, never mind those going to a early grave, thank god i'm not one of them, and hopefully won't be doing a 6th test,...
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi @zakblood, I hope the interview goes well next week!

I'm unsure about your question, but I will go find out for you.

How have you been this week? :)
    Scope

• Adrian_Scope
    Hi @zakblood. It's really difficult to know whether you'd be better or worse off financially without knowing a lot more about your current situation. You could try a few scenarios out on a benefits calculator and see what comes up?

With regards to any backdated money, if you win your ESA appeal, you shouldn't have to pay any of this back. Theoretically it would only be awarded for the period in which you were eligible, e.g. up until you started work.

I wonder if @poppy123456 might be able to clarify?

All the best with the interview next week. Fingers crossed and let us know how you get on. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • zakblood
    thanks for the reply, tbh i'm sick of tired of all these, just had a letter from the Independent case examiner as i've also wrote to them as well on my case, seems i've over turned 6 error's so far on my flawed medical, without even having anything but the most basic of knowledge and without any help either, so more than prepared to go to Tribunal again, but when i see the news https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49524259 of a sick man with only months to live die without a penny, assessed by a paramedic, who "gave him zero points on everything" like myself, i do wonder why i bother, i'm not that ill, hope to never be, and won't give the DWP the benefit of the smug faced lie's they tell the time and space and will do everything in my power to get away from the system which i was put in, in the first place, never wanted it, or cared for it either, being made to feel worthless for a handout which most can barely survive on while others on PIP and more get cars and whole house altered and adapted to suit and have amassed saving of over £16 while on benefit, the system is wrong, there's still too many disabled playing golf every day and also far too many in work who are too sick to be there, with the state atm not given a dam.

so thanks for the fingers crossed, i'll post the reply, also had a telephone one which they mentioned i was too honest in my CV and some of the data added wasn't really in my benefit to include but thanked me for my honesty and said most now days aren't like me, as most jobs ask for references from the last 5 years of work, which can't be done by users like me who haven't worked for 20 years so added it into my opening statement on the reasons for not working and the reasons now for coming back into the work force, while i could put down my volunteering as references tbh as i have amassed more than a few of them over the same period, i chose not to, as one school governor and swimming coach and teacher at local and county swim squads plus 
    volunteering at a local computer store to keep my qualifications in date don't really apply for the jobs i've applied for, but seems if i don't get this one next week, then i'll change track and amend my CV to suit the feedback.

as so far me being honest has got me more than a few interviews and more than i'd ever hope for, so can't complain but as none as lead in an offer, apart from 2 early on which i declined, as care worker using my car and " can you start tomorrow?" didn't inspire me to on the job training hopes as i'd be working on my home from a list of care clients lol, yes i couldn't make it up, so yes declined and thanked them for the offer.

not that desperate as yet, but maybe by Xmas that will change :)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,347 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry i've only just seen this. If you do get the job then you will need to report the changes to DWP and then your ESA will stop.

If you continue with the Tribunal and the decision goes in your favour then you'll be backdate the difference between assessment rate and the group you're place into from the time you were found fit for work up until the date you started work.

As the Tribunal are making a decision based on your conditions at the time the decision was made then starting working now will have no affect on the decision they make.

Good luck with the interview! and do let us know how you get on!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • zakblood
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi @zakblood, I'm glad this was able to be clarified and the best of luck for this week. :)
    Scope

• zakblood
    thanks, interview went well better than i could have ever hoped, 2.30 hours in total plus traveling time of 15 mins each way, so on my door step, was honest and told them everything of my lack of working 20 years history and the 23 years of work experience and then 20 years of life experience since, most of which they already said they didn't need to know etc, but thanked my for my honesty and will let me know by the end of the week, had a math and English test and then a guided tour around the place, my god it was huge, medical biotechnology site, white suits and all, hopefully it seems you can teach an old dog new tricks, as the younger ones, mostly don't either want to learn, or prefer easy jobs, so fingers crossed, and never had such a long interview and been so well received and looked after, felt more like a royal tour than a work placement visit, disabled friendly and will alter anything and all to suit, so my dream job if i'm offered it, will post asap either way, but may'ed my week just going either way,...

Brightness