just called out of hours social worker about my carers — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

just called out of hours social worker about my carers

RainbowJo
RainbowJo Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
im weel peed off right now. i got dragged into one of my carers plans to quite. i have no love loss for the manager and when i thought she was dumping on her i thought it was funny. she latched on to thats said she would do it at my house. ok this was thursday morning. today was ment to be that day. at the time she told me only one other client knew. 

so friday my other carer comes in the afternoon having been once and says she has heard the R is quiting on monday. so because she knows i say yes she told me that too. nothing more. yesterday that carer had to leave early so one of the managers came. she tills me she has heard R is leaving as clients r worried what will happen with there care. so i told her what was going on and said to be happening today. i specifically asked her not to tell R who had told her. i told her the hole plan even the bit due to take place at my house. 

this morning R turns up just after 7am id just woke up. saying u told them! i denied it at first but then told R everything as i was being blamed for telling them in the first place dispite that manager telling me she had known since thursday. 

im **** i was dragged into this but now im being lied about? well there stupidity is going to bit them back. u do not put me in the middle of ur **** and blame it all on me. i so want to call that manager and say what the !!!!! r u playing at. but she already knows im peed as i told R what she had said about putting a safeguarding inssue about her in and her never being able to get another care job. and R texted her from here to ask her y she was being told that. 

i will not lie. and if u breach my confidence after being asked not to i will pass on what u said in its entirety. 

so im waiting for the duty social worker to call. knowing full well this agency may well now refuse to work with me. great. nice weekend and start to the week. thanks for that so called carers. 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2019
    Hello @RainbowJo   Thank you for contacting the forum.  Sorry to hear this.

I know might be worth to look at RETHINK.

https://www.rethink.org.

Telephone 0300 500 0927 

Often useful to intervene .  As an advocate and also some reassurance you need this is not your fault..

Can help with intermediary situations and problems. .  I used them many times.  

I know have been in similar with care teams, mental health teams .

You should not be alone. Dealing with this.

Always here to listen and be supportive anytime.

Keep in touch.  Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @RainbowJo and I'm sorry to hear this! I cannot imagine how frustrating this is! Did you manage to hear back from the duty social worker?
    Scope

• RainbowJo
    oh i heard back from out of hours emergancy social worker team. 11 hours after i called them. so they called at 7.20pm. wich was too late dispite my 4 calls to them only the last one was apparently logged. 

i had to cancel my evening visit. so had to have take-away for tea. no eye drops and no emptying of my comode. 

today i spoke with my social worker. and well she isnt bothered. she say people r unprofessional at times. 

no sh*t sherlock. so yeah i called mind. no help. rang rethink and iv got info to help and a duty advocate calling me tomorrow. 

thanks for ur replies. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    I'm so sorry to hear this! That shouldn't happen. You've done the right thing to call rethink and I really do hope you can get things sorted!
    Scope

• RainbowJo
    no chance. i officially quit trying. im done with it. this week went from one shyt pile to another and no calls back. spoke to scope she was nice but could offer no advice as iv done all there is to do and still im right where iv been sinking for weeks. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi @RainbowJo, I'm sorry they were unable to help and I appreciate how difficult this must be! Have you been in touch with your social worker at all? 
    Scope

• RainbowJo
    @Chloe_Scope lol she is the root cause of it all. ask her for anything and she will be “well in and ideal world... but this is not an ideal world” and fight u back even doctors she will take on and win. 

on a good note as of the 16th ill have an advocate. iv requested a new social worker. and put in my application to move just need to get the right banding put on it. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @RainbowJo, great news about the advocate, they can be really beneficial!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2019
    Hello @RainbowJo   Good news your got an advocate. Hope that helps you.  You be fine.

One point write down what you need to say to the advocate.   Easy to give the advocate explaining everything.  This is what happened what I need .  Bullet points that are relevant.

One thing I have learnt .  

Wish you well.

Take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • RainbowJo
    thank u both. iv had chats with my advocate already and as there is an issue in that i should be getting a care act advocate (my social worker still refuses to refure me) she has spoken to the care act advocacy i contacted. so thankfully i dont need to remember it all on monday. my support worker will be here too to help me remember things. 

social workers boss rang and finally they have taken my request for a new one over the phone. she gave herself 14 days to respond so has till friday coming. 

ill let u know how things go monday. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    How did it go today @RainbowJo?
    Scope

• RainbowJo
    @Chloe_Scope it went well. heather my advocate is lovely. 

she is writing to my care agency to remind them they agreed to keep boundries and client confidenciality and while they see the conserns as “old news” we would like asurance that this or any future breaches by their staff will not effect my care. 

we r waiting to hear if iv got a new social worker or not. should know friday. then she will help with sorting a new assessment. and she will fight for my meds to be made sure i take rather than a dont forget ur meds comment. 

thanks for asking chloe. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    It's great you've got on so well with your advocate, it all sounds really positive! Fingers crossed for Friday @RainbowJo, I hope they manage to get you a new social worker. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi @RainbowJo, I'm so glad it went well with the advocate, I bet that's a huge relief!
    I hope Friday is positive for you.
    Scope

Brightness