SDP yet waiting mandatory reconsideration for Lcwra — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

SDP yet waiting mandatory reconsideration for Lcwra

Naughtynan
Naughtynan Community member Posts: 87 Courageous
edited August 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi
I was transferred to universal credit and attended work capability assessment already. I was put in LCW group in April, so I asked for a mandatory reconsideration on 3rd April. Yesterday I had email saying there's a message on my journal. At first I thought it must be the outcome of the mandatory reconsideration. It is about the loss of severe disability premium when I was moved to universal credit back in November last year. It's a good decision and I am extremely happy because I have been awarded  SDP. 
I am a bit confused now does this mean my mandatory reconsideration request is rejected? Will I still get a reply for it and I wouldn't an SDP award mean someone is eligible for Lcwra?
All I could think of was to come on here as some good advice is always found on here. Thank you for reading.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

No SDP has been awarded as such. What it means is you've been awarded a transitional protection because you wrongly claimed UC when you were claiming SDP. What you'll receive will depend on which group you were in. For each UC assessment period from when you transferred across, if you were in the LCWRA group then you'll receive an extra £120 per month going forward and for each past assessment period.

If you were in the LCW group then you'll receive an extra £285 per month.

This isn't a decision on your MR for LCW.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Naughtynan, I'm really glad to hear you've been contacted about the SDP compensation! Unfortunately, the SDP isn't related to your LCW/LCWRA. Those who are eligible for the compensation and ongoing payments need to meet a few criteria (which it sounds like you do) but it has no bearing on your Mandatory Reconsideration or LCW/LCWRA, except that if you're in LCW the amount of compensation is higher than if you are receiving LCWRA. 

Unfortunately there isn't a time scale for MRs, but hopefully you'll hear about that soon. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Naughtynan
    Hello Poppy, thank you for the reply.?
    In the letter on my journal says £285 a month extra to be paid. Yes I was told to apply for universal credit from income support. 
    I hope to get the mandatory reconsideration result soon as it's been nearly five months now. So it could all change again once I get that reply. 
  • Naughtynan
    edited August 2019
    Hi @Naughtynan, I'm really glad to hear you've been contacted about the SDP compensation! Unfortunately, the SDP isn't related to your LCW/LCWRA. Those who are eligible for the compensation and ongoing payments need to meet a few criteria (which it sounds like you do) but it has no bearing on your Mandatory Reconsideration or LCW/LCWRA, except that if you're in LCW the amount of compensation is higher than if you are receiving LCWRA. 

Unfortunately there isn't a time scale for MRs, but hopefully you'll hear about that soon. 
    Hi Adrian,
    Thank you for your reply. I understand now it is a bit confusing at first as I had no idea of this compensation scheme and assumed it was the mandatory reconsideration decision.. I shall wait for the mandatory reconsideration but at least I got this extra payment which really helps.?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.