Finding it hard to get work — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Finding it hard to get work

Rhirhi
Rhirhi Community member Posts: 4 Listener
everyone has a past and i dont have a very good my convictions are time spent an I worked for a events agency I loved it but I was worster off on uc

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Rhirhi   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to hear this.

I am one of the community champions.  We guide, advise and help new members who join the forum.

Please may I suggest this website. 

https://www.evenbreak.co.uk.

It is an employment agency for members of our community.

Please if we can help with anything else or you wish to know some thing please get in touch.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Rhirhi
  • curiousgirl1996
    curiousgirl1996 Posts: 4 Connected
    I had the same issue. All I can say is be honest or look into entrepreneurship if you are struggling to be hired. 
    Backup account only! 
  • Rhirhi
    Thank you didn't even think of that
  • dolfrog
    dolfrog Community member Posts: 441 Pioneering
    Hi @Rhirhi

Been there went through years of disability discrimination in the work place, and hte employer closed our local branch to make me redundant, (all the other staff were transferred to other branches, since then I have never even had an interview for any of the thousands of job applications i have made.
    I was told by the local work coach that i would never get a job due to the nature of my complex communication disability, employers not being willing to make the required accommodations, such is the corrupt nature of many in our society.
    Hopefully you will find some type of practical solution.. 
  • Rhirhi
    Well to top it off I got £1,800 arrears due to Universal Credit missed payment here and there are we in through my money to start and all the payments
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Have a look at working freelance or for yourself. What are your skills and abilities? Consider all options. Perhaps you can do a course or something that would improve your chances of finding work? Keep us updated. Best wishes! 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2019
    Hi @Rhirhi and welcome to the community! I appreciate how hard it can be. At Scope we have number of employment services which you might find helpful. Please do let me know if we can do anything else to help.
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.