SDP/Universal Credit refund news - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

SDP/Universal Credit refund news

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,342 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2019
    The backdated money owed to those that were previously claiming the SDP within 1 month of claiming UC is not going to be paid straight away. The regulations were brought out last week and there's going to be thousands of claims to look through. They won't be paying everyone that transferred across to UC because there's criteria you have to meet.

The compensation is £120 per month backdated, if you're already claiming the LCWRA element. I realise it's extremely frustrating but like everything it takes time to pay backdated money.

Exactly like those that transferred from Incapacity benefit to ESA where the big error was made many years ago, it takes time to process and decisions for who's owed what isn't going to made overnight.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • rodm
    rodm Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Further to my earlier comment, after going backwards and forwards with uc staff, a few 48 hour call backs, and escalations to manager that got no where, I've been informed that the 48 hour call back is a guideline and should not have given out to claimants. The above number , can only be used to inform them that you should be considered for sdp. There are not accepting enquiries into hand overs , and I'm afraid to say that poppy123456 is completely correct in her estimations of time scale. Unfortunately, its a matter of more patience
  • jacksaaa
    jacksaaa Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    Anyone any news? I’ve still not had no news I’ve told them I should be entitled I’m tempered to ring again today an ask for a manager 
  • jude1967
    jude1967 Community member Posts: 57 Courageous
    They say it takes as long as it going to take that's the answer and if u ring uc they said to me it not even put on their system and we could be waiting months so had enough bad attitude from them also they not paying wat the courts are saying so I reckon its might be longer ..so if u have any luck tell us 
  • poppy123456
    I agree also that this is going to take some time to start paying people. Very frustrating for all those waiting.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • jacksaaa
    jacksaaa Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    I will be ringing again today to ask for a manager from the sdp helpline and try my hardest to find out some information more than likely I will get told we don’t know! Just don’t see why they said they was paying people from 3 weeks ago because I haven’t heard of one person getting anything 
  • jude1967
    The attitude they had ..so sent all my forms off to solictor..they attitudes stinks and I had enough of them talking to me like I should be gratefull the sdp is being paid ..I sent my paperwork to the solictor thsts already dealing with cases in court ..they say one thing and they short changing the very people that don.t get care as single disable people are frown on..so I will not be contact them again just leave that to the courts and judges deal with them from now on ..done with them now ..
  • user101
    user101 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    I feel the same I too will be emailing the solicitors with all my paperwork it's a joke 
  • ptheshadow
    ptheshadow Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    edited August 2019
    The thing I need to know is, my wife gets LCWRA & I care for her, before we were transferred to U/C because of a change in circumstances, I was getting SDP for myself, will I get the back payments & will they pay me for the loss of my SDP.
  • poppy123456
    The thing I need to know is, my wife gets LCWRA & I care for her, before we were transferred to U/C because of a change in circumstances, I was getting SDP for myself, will I get the back payments & will they pay me for the loss of my SDP.
    HI,

What was the change of circumstances that prompted a move to UC? Does your wife claim PIP daily living or DLA mid high rate care?

When you were claiming SDP were you living alone or was your wife claiming a qualifying benefit so you were claiming the couples rates of SDP? Or were you claiming Carers allowance for your wife and SDP for yourself?

Does anyone claim carers allowance for you now?

Sorry for the questions but without asking these it's impossible to help you further.
  • ptheshadow
    Our 12 year old grandson who is on the autistic spectrum, moved in with us or would have gone into care, my wife got the PIP high care rate & standard mobility rate, she now gets the high rate of both. I get the high care & standard mobility rate, I claim carers allowance for my wife & no one claims carers allowance for me so I got the SDP payment. No one claims carers allowance for me at all.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited August 2019
    Hi @ptheshadow and welcome to the community. :) You should get the SDP payment for yourself. It might be worth you giving the SDP line a call and giving them a nudge as your situation isn't a standard one. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • teardy1275
    teardy1275 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Ive read on news now that over 6000 universal credit disabled claimants have received their sdp refund on an average of 2100 I hope mine comes through soon. 
  • poppy123456
    Ive read on news now that over 6000 universal credit disabled claimants have received their sdp refund on an average of 2100 I hope mine comes through soon. 
    Hi,

If you're entitled then there will be a message left on your journal some point in the future. Whether you're entitled will depend on circumstances. Not everyone that moved across will receive backdated money.
  • teardy1275
    teardy1275 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Hi poppy I have received a note from clydbank saying ivebeen identified but its a long process and they cant give dates. Do you know of anyone being paid?
  • poppy123456
    Yes, they have started to pay people but like you said there's a lot of people owed money and it could take some time to get through everyone.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @teardy1275 and a warm welcome to the community! I hope you are able to get this clarified. :) 
    Scope

• ptheshadow
    I think it's a standard reply to everyone, who's been in touch with them, I phoned the SDP claim number & they told me, that they put my name on the list & when I got a SDP person on to my case they'd be in touch, since then I've had a message from Clydebank, saying it would take time as it's not a straight forward process. I think what they mean is they don't want to rush, all they have to do is check whether we got the payment, when we were on Income Support before being transferred to U/C, but that would be to easy.
  • jude1967
    Has anyone on here recieved their back payment 

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.